Chapter 5: An Inter-Worldly Encounter

The King paced nervously in his room, haunted by the words of his messenger.

"Your Majesty, this problem is serious. We know about the past crimes of those vampires, but this is unforgivable. Killing humans for otherworldly purposes will ruin our ties with the human world," the messenger had warned.

The King was troubled, not just by the actions of the vampires, but also by what the human Prime Minister had expressed upon hearing the news.

"This is madness. Your kind never seems to stop causing problems, huh? Killing innocent people for baseless prophecies. This won't be tolerated. And the brutality of it all! Do you even know how gruesomely they were killed, King?"

 The Prime Minister had revealed that among seven victims, only three still had their intestines, the others brutally cut into smaller pieces. The King had no defense. He understood that if he contradicted the minister for the wrongdoing of his own kind, not only would he appear hypocritical, but it could ruin the ancient ties between the human and vampire worlds.

Despite the gruesome details, the Prime Minister, being wise, suggested that the King or his son should address and resolve the issue. A discussion on punishment and new rules for vampires residing in the human world was proposed.

"Summon my son," the King instructed his servant.

"Yes, Your Majesty," the servant bowed and hurriedly left. 

Finding Chan conversing with the maids, the servant called him.

"Your Highness?"

"And do ensure that no one in the kingdom goes hungry. Understand?" Chan concluded his instructions to the maids and turned to the servant.

"Your Highness, His Majesty needs you," the servant informed him.

"Tell him I'm on my way," Chan responded.

"Yes, sire," the servant bowed and departed.

                                              --------------------------------------------------------------

Entering his parents' room, Chan greeted, "You summoned me, father?"

"Ah yes, my son. I did call for you," the king replied, attempting to mask his underlying worry with a casual tone.

"Is everything alright? You seem... troubled," Chan inquired, sensing his father's unease.

"Yes, son, everything is fine. I just have a task for you," the king assured, though the concern lingered.

Curious about the task at hand, Chan prompted, "What do you need me to do?"

"I'm sure you're aware of the recent crime committed by those foolish vampires," the king remarked.

"I am aware, yes," Chan acknowledged.

"Son, their Prime Minister wishes to discuss the sinister incident. He wants to talk about the punishment for the criminals and establish new rules for other vampires living in that world. You're more adept at handling such matters than I am, so I need you to represent me in front of the Human Minister and resolve this issue," the king explained.

Chan took a moment to contemplate the responsibility placed upon him.

"As you wish, father. I'll go now," Chan said, heading towards the bedroom door. Stepping outside, he approached a servant.

"Summon Stray Kids and ask them to meet me in the Meeting hall," he instructed the servant.

"Of course, Your Highness," the servant bowed and left.