𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆

Their eyes go wide and they look at the disgusting concrete floor below their feet, Looking at the crowd of enforcers.. Easily ten of them..

"Shit shit shit.." They whisper.

They look around, Then run into an Alley. It's too risky to go back to The Long Drop. They'll probably go there next..

They quickly jump onto the roof of Benzo's shop, Watching as Enforcers crowd there.

"This is stupid.. This is so stupid!" They whisper.

They crouch down and watch, There are Enforcers outside. One thing that makes Erebus shiver is the fact that the Enforcers look.. Happier then normal.

They quickly find their feet as someone grabs their wrist, They launch their foot up only to have someone grab it.

"Hey, Chill! It's me!" Ekko said quietly, "Come on, We'll watch from inside."

Ekko pulled Erebus into the attic, Watching down at everything as it happened.

Clink

Their heart broke in half as they saw the cuffs being put into Vander's muscular wrists, Hands flying over their mouth.

"Va.. Vander.." They whisper and shake their head.

They try to get out but Ekko stops them.

"If you go out there they'll kill you!" He says firmly, Erebus trembles.

"B-but--"

Loud screams come from outside, Erebus rushes outside after shoving Ekko away.

Their heart drops as they see the blood.. Benzo on the ground.. They look at Vander.. He's still alive and well.

Who's that man.. That..

What's that purple creature?

Erebus looks at Ekko, Who's brown eyes are filled with pain.

"Benzo.." He whispered.

His eyes crowd with pain and tears, He covers his mouth to muffle the small sobs escaping.

Erebus' heart shattered into a million pieces as they saw Vander get punched across the face, The two preteens frozen in shock as they look at the scene in front of them.

They slowly drop to the ground floor from the rooftop, Erebus is shocked, Looking over at Ekko.

Ekko shakes, Feeling the ground below him as he sobs, Falling onto his knees.

Erebus quickly falls beside him, Holding him tight as Ekko cries in their oversized shirt, Tears staining it.

Erebus grips at Ekko's back firmly.

"I got you.. I got you, Ekko." They whisper, Squeezing him tight, Blood on the ground beneath them, Staining their legs and feet.

Erebus holds Ekko's face, Looking straight at him.

"L-look at me, Okay? Okay? I'm here, I am here." Erebus whispers, Small and delicate fingers on Ekko's cheeks.

Ekko nods and leans into their neck, Sobbing messily.

They pant, Tears streaming down their face like waterfalls.

".. We have to tell the others." They whisper.

Ekko looks at Benzo's shop.

"Vi is locked inside.."

Erebus looks at Ekko, A bit confused but too hurt at the moment to pay attention to the strangeness of this situation.