Vision 2: School? What's that again?

Inside the principal's office of Yonaga City's notorious reconstructed high school, named "Blanket" High School, a teacher has made a scene regarding the integration of two new students. The issue on debate here is that these students' skill level is so unique compared to other high schoolers that they don't fall into any of the three high school years. They apparently need a school year of their own to match their skill level...

Teacher Gidenir- But sir, what High school year do these two students fall into? Both of them appear to be of high intellect even though they have never gone to school before. What should we make of these so called home schooling methods that their guardians say they attended?

Principal Yomosaka- We'll act the same way we have always had before. We will abide by the rules. So how did the students go in the entry exam?

The teacher looks away for a brief moment and reluctantly says

Teacher Gidenir- Well, in theory, both of them passed with the lowest valid overall score of 50 out of 100...

Principal Yomosaka- What's the matter then, Gidenir?

Teacher Gidenir- The thing is in a few difficult subjects they scored perfectly with ~100/100 grades. But speaking of the most basic subjects, they... got the answers all wrong...

Shocked yet intrigued by Ginedir's latest statement, the principal removes his glasses and proceeds to recite the grades out loud.

Principal Yomosaka- Student A: Martial Arts 100/100, Philosophy 100/100, Japanese 0/100, Social Studies: 0/100. (...)

Teacher- You see what I mean...

Principal- Studen B: Biology and Chemistry: 100/100, Visual Arts: 100/100, Mathematics: 0/100, Physical Education: 0/100. I haven't seen anything like that before!

Teacher- Yes, and that's the issue. The High School's code says that anyone with an overall score below 50 is a first year, an overall score above 50 is a second year and an average score of 75 or higher is a third year student.

Principal- They belong to a second year class then...

Teacher- Wait, sir! This doesn't feel right at all, though! The questions in the subjects they excelled at were very very difficult. And the subjects they failed at were as easy as pie like for the love of God, 0/100 at Physical Education?! I believe they deserve to be in a 3rd year class. If they focus more on their failed subjects, I'm sure they'll reach or even surpass their classmates! We shouldn't cut their wings of knowledge like that!

To pursuade the principal, the teacher put his heart and soul on his words praising the two new students. But perhaps he shouldn't have. "Their wings of knowledge!" Hahaha, yeah... In class he shall learn what kinds of wings these two will flap around...

Principal- Hm... A well structured arguement, indeed. Since this is a unique circumstance, I will consider a respectively unique approach. I will let this slip by, providing that both of these students pass the midterm exam with scores of 50 in all sucjects!

Teacher- Understood!

The Principal then signs the two result papers and seals them with his signature stamp as well. Happy to have changed opinion, he goes on to recite the small letters of the stamp "Welcome to the 3rd Year of Blanket High School!" pridefully, before handing the results over to the teacher.

Principal- Any more questions?

Teacher- Out of curiosity, but why was this school renamed to Blanket High School? Teknalb was more serious and deserving of this classic High School.