1

Have you ever wondered how many times we could have found ourselves next to a dangerous criminal or murderer? Could you not distinguish dangerous people from ordinary passers-by? What if he is your close relative, friend, or loved one?

November 17, 2012

Abbott Park

It was a dark night in Howfield City. Stella was walking through the autumnal park at night, illuminated by streetlamps. The green grass with leaves of different colors, bare trees, and the calm, quiet, autumn air. Stella loved autumn.

 She also loved to be alone, and so it was on this cold, unforgiving November evening. 

 She walked slowly, looking around her. Usually birds don't chirp at this time and hour, so there was nothing to hear, only silence ...although ... wait... someone seems to be walking behind her... For a moment she froze, her heartbeat increased, everyone is sure that this or that bad thing will not happen to them, but is everyone really safe from it? The stranger's steps were getting closer each time.

"You can't just stand there." It was her self-preservation instinct that spoke to her, so she sped up. 

Stella was even more frightened. Now she could definitely tell that this unidentified man did not wish her well.

"You have to act, run as fast as you can."

 Listen, this instinct is a good thing, but will his plan work? Stella listened to her thoughts and turned to the other side of the park and started running through the trees. The young lady was easy to see because of the distance, but who would think about it in such a difficult and scary situation?

 The stranger also started to run. Stella was one of the skinny girls, but her physical training was very poor, one could say that it was non-existent. The only thing I can say about the stranger is that he cares about his training and while the girl was barely running, the stranger was a few steps ahead of her. She could hear his intermittent breathing. He reached out his hand, grabbed her shoulder and threw her to the cold, wet, damp ground.