Chapter - 14

"Jungkook-ah!! JK!!! Kookie!! Bunnyyy!!! Where aree youuu???"

Seri was running with excitement searching for Jungkook all over the basketball court. Some players were giving her judgmental looks but she couldn't care less. Then one of them, who seemed a bit kinder than the others, told her that JK had gone towards the staircase with his phone. Seri immediately dashed in that direction, again shouting out his name.

She saw he was standing near a window, and ran to him.

"Kookiieeeee..."

"Yaa I was just about to call you, and you're here. What amazing telepathy we have..."

Seri jumped on him making him almost fall.

"JKKKKKK!!!!"

"Oh god what is it? Someone seems to be extra happy today."

She broke the hug and looked at him with sparkling eyes.

"They loved my script. They absolutely loved ittttt!!! And they said they can't wait to make a movie out of it. They even made me sign the contract on the spot. Jungkook-ah.. My work is finally going to reach so many people through a movie. I'm on cloud nine..."

Seri said everything in one breath as she was so excited. Jungkook's face was all smiles and he hugged her again.

"I'm so proud of you Seri-ya. I mean I already knew they're going to love it. You deserve it and so much more. Way to goo!!"

Seri's 4 months long workshop had finished, and at the end she had submitted the script she was working on as the final submission. Few selected works were sent over to some real movie directers and producers, and they loved Seri's work.

"Kookie, let's celebrate."

Seri said as they were walking by the riverside.

"Of course we will. But Seri-ya, don't you want to share this great news with your parents?"

She stopped walking and looked down.
"Even if I tell them, they won't be happy. Then what's the point?"

JK wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"I think they'll be really happy. Just try once.."

"I don't want to JK.. Let's not talk about it right now.."

"Ok ok fine. Let's go have some drinks and celebrate."

A few days later, JK was supposed to meet Seri after his practice, but he texted her that he won't be able to come. He didn't mention any details on why. Reading the text, she called him.

"Is your practice going to extend?"

"Aani.."

"You're not feeling well? If so I will come over to your house.."

"I'm fine Seri-ya."

"Then why can't you meet?"

"Um actually.. I'm not in Seoul.."

"What?? Where are you then?"

"I've just come somewhere for some work."

"Wow what a detailed reply..."

"I'll come back in the evening. So we'll meet for dinner. I promise."

"Fine. But you better come back by then."

"I will, don't worry. Bye."

Jungkook had asked her if they could meet at her place in the evening. Seri was getting bored, flipping through the pages of a magazine when the doorbell rang. Instantly a smile crept on her face as she knew who it was. She went to open the door.