Chapter 44 - Nuisances

"Ehem." The physic mage cleared her throat.

The clock already struck way further than midnight, however, the creator stood awake, consumed by her troubles, and lost in deep thought. As she pondered over the many ways she could escape her predicament, a sudden interruption jolted her back to reality. Startled, Felicia turned to her side, eyes darting at the short mage. With a raised eyebrow, she looked at Sarah, wondering why she hadn't gone to sleep yet.

"So, when was the wedding?" Giggled her friend, she leaned closer to Felicia.

"P-pardon?!" The creator felt her breath catching in her throat, her eyes widening in reaction. Her heart rate quickened, and she shifted a step away from Sarah, taken aback.

"I've heard everything." She sang. "Can I be your bridesmaid?"

"Great, now this."

Felicia's veiny hand rubbed her forehead with a heavy exhale, "Perhaps you can stop using your telepathy without my permission. You're violating my privacy." Her voice was stern as she spoke, with a slight hint of annoyance in her tone.

The creator's attempts to ignore her lack of experience in love were futile, as the reality of the situation was too potent to keep hidden away. Despite her expertise in a plethora of areas, her inability to grasp something as basic as love continued to baffle her. Her mind was a labyrinth of confusion and curiosity, as she longed to understand the mysteries of this abstract concept.

"What useless feelings you had, embarrassing." 

"I know you like him." Sarah, who seemed to comprehend the creator's manner, insisted.

"Apologies, cannot do at present. Give me a break." She begged, gesturing a pleading palm to the teasing mage. "I don't have any feelings towards that mortal." She muttered.

"Oh yeah? What was that 'I wish that weren't true' thing?" The telekinetist hands laced on her waist, her ears caught lies. "Kinda romantic if you ask me. You're natural, you don't have to worry anything!" She grinned widely.

Felicia's lips parted, but no words came out.

A glimmer of hope sparked within the creator's heart, as Sarah's words gave her a newfound sense of sanguinity, maybe she wasn't so bad as she harshly judged herself. However, Felicia quickly realized that it was too early to let her guard down just yet, as she knew that love was not something that could be rushed or forced. As much as she wanted to be quick and settle it down for good, she needed patience. 

Or maybe it was just a charming untruth.

Or maybe, Felicia considered the possibility that Sarah's words of encouragement were nothing more than sweet nothings intended to provide a false sense of comfort. Manipulators were everywhere, capable of manipulating themselves to believe what they wanted, rather than focusing on what was truly at hand. It was a vicious cycle of feeding into delusions, believing only what provided satisfaction or a sense of happiness, rather than facing reality and the truth.

"You're head over heels for him."

"What do you want?" The redhead snapped, turning her entire being toward Sarah, narrowing her eyes in a tense reaction. She grew upset, feeling her mind disturbed by this exchange. Deep down, she longed for Sarah to stop toying with her emotions, yet she knew that the help she offered was a valuable asset. She struggled to reconcile these conflicting feelings, as her pride and ego prevented her from accepting help from anyone.

"Just say you love him!" The mage raised her voice.

"I can not."

"Why?"