𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

"Good morning love birds

"Good morning love birds. So nice to see you two finally leave the room. Yall slept in so much that I was wondering if you two would spend yalls date day in bed." Aunt Beatrice greets from her spot on the couch.

Her words have my body freezing. But she doesn't notice it because Nicholas wraps his hand around my waist and has me walk alongside him.

I had completely forgotten that she'd suggested a date day for Nicholas and me today. We didn't even discuss this last night or this morning. Do we lie? Or should we say that we already went on a date? Does the drive to McDonald's in the early morning today count as a date even?

"Good morning Aunt Beatrice." I smile despite the whirlwind of emotions that I have going on within me right this instant.

"Good morning sweetheart. I trust that you two are good? Nicholas?" She's up from the couch and places her hand on mine and Nicholas' shoulders before standing behind the island.

"We're good mom." He stands behind me after I've taken a seat on one of the stools.

"Are you two hungry?" Aunt Beatrice asks us. "Do y'all even want to eat here or do y'all have a brunch date or something?"

"Our date isn't 'til the early afternoon, mom. I think I'm good. Rosa? You hungry?" Nicholas stares straight into my soul as he asks this question.

But my mind isn't even on the question he asked. We have a date this afternoon? Since when?

"I can attempt to make you something light if you want."

"Absolutely not." Mrs Carmichael says before I can string two thoughts together.

Am I hungry?

"As romantic it is to see you offer to make your woman food, I don't fancy having to deal with a foreign fire department all because you wanted to impress Rosa. With that being said, you stay out of the kitchen and I'll make Rose something. What do you feel like Rose?" Aunt Beatrice ignores the disdained look that Nicholas throws at her as she keeps her eyes on me and smiles cheerfully.

"You look beautiful, Aunt Beatrice." I compliment her because she really does look beautiful. Especially in the cute three-quarter shorts she has on with an orange tank top. Absolutely gorgeous. Simple but gorgeous.

"Oh my. Thank you, dear." She blushes, which makes me smile. "Now. Enough with the flattery. What will you eat Rosa? There's a variety that you can pick from."

"It's okay Aunt B. You don't have to make me anything. I think I'll just grab an apple or something. I'm not hungry. Thank you." I thank and let her know.

"Are you sure? I don't mind, love."

"It's okay. I'm not hungry. Is Wanda around?"

"If you say so. And Wanda is up in her room. She hasn't come down yet as far as I know."  Aunt Beatrice says as she leaves the kitchen to go back to the chair she was sitting in.