𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓲𝔁

"Wanda!" Aunt Beatrice calls out to Wanda who's still upstairs in her room

"Wanda!" Aunt Beatrice calls out to Wanda who's still upstairs in her room. "Hurry up!"

We're going for a breakfast and lunch cruise. Breakfast is apparently served at eight and lunch at twelve or one, I'm not sure. It's currently half past seven and we're all ready to go and are down here waiting for Wanda.

"Rose, darling, do Nick and you have everything you guys need?" Aunty Bea asks me as she looks into her tote bag for the nth time.

"Yes." I nod. "Nicholas, do you need to add anything?" I look over at Nicholas who is having a quiet conversation with his father.

He looks up at me before shaking his head, "I'm good. Whatever you packed is fine."

"Wanda!" Aunt Bea yells out even more aggressively this time.

"I'm coming." Comes Wanda's muffled reply.

My cute cream-white flimsy farmers market tote bag has two towels inside for Nicholas and me, sunblock, a thin floral dress for me in case I feel like changing for lunch, some body lotion that Nicholas and I can share, and my bucket hat.

I doubt the bucket hat even goes with my outfit but I'm bringing it anyways. I have on a dark brown bikini two-piece with a black crochet cover-up dress that I'd made for myself. It stops at my calf and is basically see-through because of the big open squares I crocheted to make it. And cute brown slippers the same shade as the bikini.

"Why did you hide that from me?" Wanda finally blesses us, peasants with her presence.

"Hide what?" I ask back when I realize that she was talking to me.

"This woolen masterpiece you have on. When did you make this? Stand." She makes me give her a twirl.

"I made it a while ago. I thought this was the perfect occasion for me to wear it." I sit back down after giving her a little twirl.

"Dang. I want a mixed-color one. It looks so good. You make me want to postpone today so we can stay in and crochet the day away." Wanda places her hands on her hips and looks at me in what I could only describe as awe.

"Oh no you don't. Do you have any idea just how long we've been waiting for you? I wouldn't be surprised if the others already left us." Aunt Bea grabs Wanda's hand and starts marching out.

"Oh relax Mom. I wasn't being literal because you were right there." Wanda follows behind.

"Stone. Come on. Nicholas, get Rose, and let's get going." She doesn't stop nor let go of Wanda's hand even once as she shoots out these orders.

Nicholas is in black shorts that like stop at his knees and I'm only just seeing his legs for the first time and from the state of his calves, I can tell that this man never misses leg day because wow. He wears a matching short sleeve black button-down shirt with shorts and leather slippers on his feet.