𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

“Oh

“Oh. Did you make this?” I ask Nicholas who sets down two plates on the counter for Wanda and me. “Thank you.”

“I hope you didn't cook this.” Wanda takes a seat beside me.

“Hey, don't be mean.” I elbow her.

“I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. If he cooked, the only thing you'd be thanking him for is salmonella and food poisoning.” Wanda hands me a fork before picking up her plate and sniffing the food.

I throw Nicholas an apologetic look as he takes a seat opposite us with his own plate of food in front of him.

“She's not wrong. I don't even know if I can fry an egg.” He rubs his neck in embarrassment and I get a little sidetracked by the way his arm muscles twitch as he rubs his neck.

The black shirt he has on clings to his arms very deliciously although it's a bit loose over his torso. I wouldn't have complained if it was tight on the torso as well. He drops his arm and I quickly remove my eyes as well.

Hmm. Embarrassing.

“I ordered this spaghetti bolognese for us and just plated and warmed them.” He looks at both Wanda and me and then at our plates. “Bon appétit.” He holds up his fork that has spaghetti on it in cheers.

“Ah. Oui. Merci, à toi aussi.” I nod.

“What she said.” Wanda says as she goes for a first taste.

I look at my food and then over at Wanda.

“He didn't cook this.” She states as she goes in for a second bite with more ease.

“That's some impressive response you had to enjoy your food.” Nicholas's words to me draw my attention.

“Oh. I just thanked you and wished you the same.”

“Hmm. I should learn that so I can also sound like I know French.” He considers.

“And while you might just sound like you know French, Rosa here actually knows it. So good luck.” Wanda says to her bother.

“Oh. You speak French?” He asks in amazement.

“Mmh.” I nod.

“And is a flippin' pro at it too.” I shake my head at Wanda. “Ro, wanna watch a movie after this? It can be animated. I don't mind.” Wanda mindlessly says while scrolling through her phone and eating.

“Sure.” I laugh.

I make sure to not look over at Nicholas because I don't want to see his thoughts on my movie choice displayed on his face. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

“What was on the itinerary today?” Nicholas questions Wanda.

“Uhm, I think another boat ride?” Wanda frowns.