Chapter 12.

Fantasia's POV

I dropped Taraji off at her home, "Goodnight my love," she opened her door before looking back at me. Our eyes meeting each other like they never have before. "I don't mean to confuse you, and I'm sorry that loving me would come with too many complications,"

"If things were easy it'd be too simple, wouldn't it?" a soft smile formed upon my lips. "Goodnight mama."

She kissed my cheek before leaving. I took a deep breath and sat back in my seat. Lord what am I supposed to do?

--

Once I arrived home there were candles lit and rose pedals trailed upstairs.

"Kendall?" I called.

"Hi baby," he walked from the kitchen with a wine glass in his hand. He set it on the table behind me. He gave me a quick kiss and hugged me tight.

"Oh? is everything okay?" I was taken aback by surprise. Although this was all cute and thoughtful, I'm not sure if this is something I want.

"Yes, yes I just want us to chat," he guided me towards our couch.

"Where are our kids?"

"Don't worry Dallas is at your moms and Zion is out at some party,"

I nodded and looked around. "Well this is beautiful," I complimented.

"Fantasia, I want to make things right with you. With our family," His rough hands captured mine.  "I know that we've been at this stand still for a few months, but I think that we can fix it,"

I didn't reply, I didn't have much to say. He brought me closer to him, kissing my ear. "We haven't had sex in a long time,"

I pushed him away from me. "That's what this is really about huh? sex," I stood up.

"No, no it's not Tasia please. Take a seat," he held my hand pulling me back down on the couch. He reached over to the glass of wine on the table to hand it to me. "Drink some wine with me,"

He walked over to the kitchen grabbing the bottle and an empty glass for himself.

"Do you remember how we first met?" He asked me.

"Of course, I do," a soft smile formed. "We were kids,"

"You remember in high school when I asked you to go to prom with me? I sang a whole song for you because I knew how much you love to sing," Kendall laughed at himself

"I couldn't believe you did that!" I hit his leg as I laughed, "awe the football players did not let you live that down,"

"And you remember when you were pregnant, but I didn't care. I was with you in that hospital during prom night because you thought she was ready,"

I closed my eyes and reminisced. Kenny and I have been through a lot.

"And then you went on American Idol and became famous," he smiled, "I was so proud of you," his rough hands found mine again. The familiar warm feeling came back.

"I wanted you to come with me when I had to move,"

"I know, but I had to stay. I had school and I was getting a full ride for college,"

"I remember," I slid closer to him. Touching his face. The man I fell in love with so many years ago. "What happened to us?"

"Life got complicated," he whispered. His lips so close to mine. I enclosed our kiss. I placed my wine glass down on the table, he did the same. I pushed him down as I sat on top of him. I kissed him again and again. His hands felt their way down my back. Cupping my ass, harshly grinding me onto him. He reached to unzip his pants.