4. Biswasingha

Comments plzzz....

****

When the sun was up, and the quarters of the palace swarmed with servants and guards again, I woke up. It was early morning still and the guard outside was replaced with the daytime guard.

I took a quick bath in my private chamber and dressed up for the morning stroll with our father in the garden.

This was more of unofficial meetings that we had done since I led as chief commander.

"Good morning, Maharaj," I greeted him as soon as our father entered the garden. Niladhwaj was late as usual as we strolled through the garden.

"I was informed of your dawn visit in the sanctuary of the Palace," The King told me. "Not only you but your brother too,"

"It was an urgent visit," I said and glanced to the hall as Niladhwaj hurried toward us. Our father's spy was unaware of my late-night stroll outside of the Palace. I only hoped he didn't know about Niladhwaj's visit to the RakhaGarh, our neighbouring Kingdom.

Our father, Raja Vajradutta was aware of my distaste for our neighbouring Kingdom, but he also knew I would remain faithful and never attack because there was no other option.

"Who's on duty while you two wander around the Sanctuary?" the King Asked.

"Captain Amarendra," Niladhwaj responded, referring to our sergeant at Arms and Enforcer.

"You are going to be The King within a week," Father said, gritting his teeth. "It's up to you to stay in the palace while your chief in commander and Captain control the court. You aren't supposed to be in the field."

"I was the chief commander last eight years, Baba," I remind him. "Niladhwaj is new to the role, I should guide him through this. And we shouldn't be laid back just because our dynasty is thriving here. We need to handle everything there."

Stiff with rage, King bellowed, "You'll handle what I tell you to handle, Rajkumar Biswasingha."

"I'm not going to be a puppet King! Baba. My duties are beyond this palace walls,"

"If you are so much into doing duties on the field then why not step down," Baba asked. "Let Niladhwaj take the crown,"

Next to me, Niladhwaj snarled, but with a glare from me, he took a step back and bowed his head.

"Baba, don't you dare try to break down ourselves. I'll be more than happy to see my brother wearing that crown," I told him. Next to me, Niladhwaj gasped.

"Brother! That's your birthright!" Niladhwaj exclaimed.

"He isn't your brother, Niladhwaj! You are my son," the King growled out the words that everyone rumoured.

"We are both Queen Bhishakha's son. The rightful Queen of Shivasthambha. And I'm her elder son, that's what matters," I told him, holding back Niladhwaj from jumping on our King.

"You didn't just insult me," The King growled. But didn't dare strike. Because I was right. The truth of their marriage wasn't a secret. We both knew who was the real King.

"We'll go through the ceremony as you planned Baba," I finally complied.

"See that you do." King Vajradutta turned to walk through the trees surrounding him and disappeared into his headquarters.

"Some day I'll just kill our father," Niladhwaj fumed beside me.

"He is your father, Nila!" I warned.

"Why do you always give in to him?" Niladhwaj asked quietly once we were alone again.

"Because he is not the one who expanded this dynasty and he and I both know about it." I snapped.