Chapter 20

Alanis POV

I wanted to have a lazy day. A day to decompress, really just do nothing.... Except maybe listen to some music, take a leisure ride down the boardwalk, and maybe at some point stop in to buy the new Weezer album that came out this month. Someone said Pinkerton had a few really good songs on it and I wanted to try and check it out. I asked Heather to make sure we would get it in and I think she said it should be arriving today, so that might be worth checking into.

I did have Open Mic tonight to work, but until then the day is mine.

With mom and dad gone I really haven't felt like cleaning the house, so my room is a bit of a mess, but when is it not.

Poppy said she was going to stay the night, but her and Niall ended up having a late night hang out and she didn't end up coming over. Ah yes, young love. I get it... well.... Kinda'.

I yelled out for Domino to come and eat his breakfast while I started ransacking the kitchen pantry for some pop-tarts... There always is a stash in here somewhere for days when mom doesn't wanna cook. Finally I see the familiar box and snatch out the cardboard happiness.

The best flavor, wild berry. I grab a pack to put in the toaster. While waiting for my breakfast to cook I notice how empty Dom's water is. I refill it and grab myself some milk to drink at the same time.

Once I hear the toaster finish I practically burn off the tips of my fingers grabbing at the too hot pop tarts to place on a paper plate before shuffling my way into the living room.

I blow on my food while scanning channels till finally I see something slightly good. I watched Speed in the background, it was already partially through and Keanu was on the bus knowing that the bomb was active, but it was a good distraction while I ate.

I could hear Domino munching in the other room, only pausing every few moments to lap up water and then repeat the process again.

Once the movie ends I realize I am in desperate need of a shower before I actually decide to do something with my day. I head into my bathroom and first put on a face mask that looks and feels a little like clay, but smells like seaweed. I spread the stuff all over my face and took a few minutes to sit down on the lid of the toilet seat to take off all my older chipped nail polish to repaint again. My nails only stay fresh and nice for about a day I swear, and most of that I blame on the fact that I am eating the curb at Grind or something to make it all chip off.

This week I go for something a little different and find a really pretty dark purple color to paint.

As I near the ending stages of doing my non dominant hand I am starting to feel my face turning into a rock. Any movements are becoming more and more difficult as time goes on and I can feel little cracks in the drying material near my nose and mouth when I move my face too much. Domino came in to start chewing on a bone on my floor and lucky for me he didn't care enough to want to inspect who the weird looking person in the bathroom was.

I finally noticed the clock on my bed stand in the other room read 12:51 and that marked fifteen minutes, and now I can finally wash the goop off of me.

I turn the water to the absolute hottest setting and feel the heat with one of my hands, noticing the steam already beginning to swirl around the room. I know this heat is not good for the color in my hair so I find a clip to tie it up, and start to undress.

I toss the oversized shirt I wore to bed in the hamper in the corner of my bathroom along with my underwear. I almost forgot to grab a towel but at the last minute I reached over and grabbed one of the super plush and oversized towels mom really splurged on. They felt like a cloud and they could almost wrap around your body twice, they were so big.