Chapter 3

I noticed the boy had a thick accent from overseas, which took me by surprise. "Yeah, today is my first day here. I live next door to the most loving siblings ever." I point towards Poppy and Liam. 

The blonde haired boy lets out a giant laugh that is extremely heartwarming while doubling over. "Oh my god, she knows you both so well already."

"Shut up Ni." Liam says while smiling himself.

Oh so that is Niall. He has vividly wild blue eyes that look even more insane in the sunshine. His hair is a spiked and styled platinum blonde color. I notice he doesn't seem to have any visible tattoos, but is clad in a white loose tank top and blue shorts that have a small pattern on them. He is a good looking guy honestly.

While Niall and Liam aren't paying attention to me for the moment, I shift my eyes back and forth between Poppy and Niall and nod my head while discreetly giving her a thumbs up. I mouth, "he's cute" to her, which awards me a giant smile and her cheeks to turn rosy.

Niall quickly turns his attention back towards Poppy and I. "Hey Pops. How're you today?"

"Oh. I'm good. Like yeah. Like I'm good. Yeah. So like... how are you today Nialler?" Poppy was fidgeting with her hands while trying hard to look laid back. This girl is down bad for Niall I can already tell, it's pretty cute.

"Oh you know, just uh.. hanging out. It's a good day."

"Jesus could you two be more awkward." Liam groans out disrupting their conversation.

"Hey now Mate, it's young love blossomin' in front of yer' face." A new messy haired brunette boy throws his arm around Niall and spoke with a thick accent.

"Stop it!" Poppy whines. "Can all of you like... just shut up for once about something dang. Lou here, meet my friend." Poppy pulls me forward a little towards the brunette boy, "Lou, Alanis, Alanis, Lou."

"Like the singer?" Louis asks me.

I swear, I get asked that more than ANYTHING probably. Thanks mom and dad. Why couldn't I just be a Brittany or Danielle, something normal and lame.

"How do you even know who Alanis Morrissette is Louis? Are you going all top 40 on us now?" Liam asks knowing that I probably didn't wanna' repeat my name history again.

"Yes. Didn't you actually know, my totally fave band is Backstreets and Destiny's Child. Is that a problem to you?"

"It's Backstreet Boys you dummy. Nice try." Poppy pokes Louis in the chest as she corrects him.

"Same difference. Anyway, you guys here to talk music or to ride?" Louis changes the subject himself and turns around to walk away. 

It took a whole of about five seconds before Niall looked down and saw my board, he yanked it out of my hands while shouting at me, "SHUT THE FUCK UP ALANIS. Where did you get this? Whose is it? Do you know how to ride? Can I ride your board? Is this your board? Where? I am... OH MY GOD."

"Slow down Ni, she can't even answer you at that rate." Liam tells him.

"Yeah uhm, it's mine. I saved up and bought it a while back. Uhh... I kinda' know how to ride I guess... What were the other questions?"

"Come on, don't hound her. Let's go dude. She will think you're a loser in time, you don't have to prove it right now." Liam starts dragging Niall away who had handed me my board again, probably the hardest thing for him to do given how much he seemed to be clinging to it while he held it.

I told Poppy I was going to hang back with her for a few, maybe go grab some boardwalk food, and just take in the vibe of the park before I started skating... to be honest I was nervous. I definitely know how to hold my own on a board, I've been skating since I was like 11... but I always get nervous in front of strangers.