ꉣꋪꄲ꒒ꄲꍌ꒤ꏂ

"Mama--"

"Erebus get to the door!"

"Wait no- Where's Pa-"

"Get to the door!"

The child runs to the door, Smoke burning their nose and making them cough, Reaching out for the door.

Erebus hears a shriek but keeps running, Reaching for the door, His hands trembling as well as his body.

As his body hits the ground, The grass is hot on their stomach.

They look behind them, A giant fire has erupted in their home, They sob and yell out for their parents.

"Ma- Mama!!" They scream, Coats of tears streaming down their face.

They feel big hands grab them around their waist as they cough and gag from the smoke, Someone pulls them onto their shoulder.

"Ma--"

"I know, Little one." Their voice is firm yet comforting.

"Papa-!"

They look to the side, As the person carries them away, They can see their father's wood workshop burning to the ground, They grip the small wooden creature in their pocket as the man carries them to safe grounds.

They're placed on the ground and sob quietly.

Their fragile, Boney fingers grip at the ground pathetically as they scream for their parents, Agony in their eyes.

The man's boots can be seen as they cough and gasp for air from the screaming, The man pats them on the back.

"Careful, Child." His voice rumbles, Sending waves of comfort through the small child's veins.

They sniffle, pushing snot away and look up at him, Whimpering out small sobs.

A man with a kind expression and a big frame kneels down next to them, They shudder and tremble as the man comforts them.

"I'm Vander." He says quietly.

"E-ereb.. Erebus..." They choke out and look up at him, Blue eyes crowded with smoke and tears.

The man's hand is placed on their cheek, Caressing it gently for comfort.

They jump into his arms and rest in the crook of his neck, Sobbing uncontrollably.

Vander rubs their back, Muttering soft and comforting words.

It's clear this child needs a little extra time then Violet and Powder..

The time passed to an hour, Shaky breathes come from the child, They're clearly intellectual enough to know what their parents have become.. And where they've gone.

The child sniffles and looks at Vander, Wiping tears away.

"S-sorry." They whisper and look up at him.

"That's no issue.." He says quietly, "I have somewhere for you to stay.. If you so wish it.."

They gulp and nod, Resting into his arms again as Vander lifts them up.

They see the last bit of their home.. Their city..

The fire which has taken everything they loved, Their people and..

Their parents.

They sniffle and look at the city, A shot of anger courses through their veins as they grip onto Vander.

Who ever did this will pay.

The child would make sure of it.

-----------------------------•------------------------------------

Vander puts Erebus onto the bar bench in front of two girls.

The blue haired girl smiles and shakes the small person's hand.

"It's so nice to meet you! I'm Powder!" She squealed.

Erebus nodded, A bit of trust flowed through their veins when their hands touched.

They glanced over to the pink haired girl, It was a bit like theirs but darker.

"I'm Vi." She said firmly, She reminded Erebus of Vander.

Erebus tugged on Vander's shirt as if telling Vander to speak for them.

"Uh.. This is Erebus, Girls." He nodded to them.

Two boys raced out of the backroom, Startling Erebus.

Erebus jumped back and held onto Vander.

"Mylo and Clogger." Vander pointed to the two.

Erebus panted quietly and nodded.

"He's jumpy." Vi muttered.

"Can I show him mousy?" Powder asked quickly.

Vander nodded.

"Don't scare him though."

Powder pulled Erebus off to her room.