The Clearing

/ Um hi guys *waves shyly* please don't murder me for being so inactive and I mean it when I say that I am very very very sorry! I will try my best and hardest to update all three of my stories regularly and also publish the other story which is one that I am in the progress of writing the first few parts so I have stuff ready to publish. (I'm not sure if that sentence made sense but yeh).
I'm just gonna have a mini fangirl/freakout.
Omggggg thank you soooo much for 2.55k reads!!!! I left for a few months, then came back and voilà! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!! /
Elsa
I run into the woods and out of sight. After a good 20 minutes of fast running I stop and pant for breath, leaning against a tree, I try to figure out what to do. I think I should get to a town as far away as possible. This is for two reasons: 1) I need to be in a town or city so I can buy food and clothes but 2) anywhere near here, I would be recognised and taken back which I do not want.
Not wanting to get dehydrated, I walk instead of run. I think I am far away enough for no one to be able to find me in the near future so I take my time walking through the large forest, after a few hours, I hear the faint trickling of water and I sprint towards the sound.

I find myself in a large clearing hidden from view by large berry bushes. Looking up, I see that it is late afternoon but not yet evening, the sun is hanging low in the cornflower blue sky. I turn my gaze to look around the circular clearing and spot a tiny river of water flowing from a small hill in the ground. Heading towards it, I see that the water is as clear as glass and is flowing from a small cluster of rocks. I bend down and cup my hands to take a sip and find that it is a pure, freshwater spring- the type of water that is so clean that it doesn't need any type of treatment to kill the bacteria. I find a large leaf and form it into a cup shape, filling it with water and taking a long, refreshing, much needed drink.

I explore the clearing some more and find a strawberry bush. I decide to feast on strawberries and blueberries as I found both types of bushes had a large quantity of fruit growing and ripe. Once I am full I collect some long and strong leaves and I make a small basket using the leaves and some willow branches. I fill the basket with as much fruit as possible so I can eat through the night if I'm hungry. I then climb a sturdy tree and nestle in the thick branches to go to sleep.
The second I wake up I am out of the tree and gathering some extra berries to take with me on my journey. I take another very long drink of the delicious water and set off, hoping that I will find another spring before I become dehydrated.

/ I think this chapter is quite long. It is just over 500 words long I think. If you want my chapters to be longer or shorter, please say as I want to write what you enjoy.
While I am writing, I want to ask you to go check out my other account @AWinglessGirl. It is my account for stories that are not fanfics although I may make a Maximum Ride fanfic on there. I only have one published chapter so far of my original story Reflection and I would like you, my fabulous unicorns, to read it! Although if you prefer my jelsa fanfics and are not keen on other non-fanfic stories, that is cool too :)
Like
Comment
Vote
Thank youuuu
Unicornjelsa /