chapter¹⁷

good day

good day

a/n: 1k words on a chapter??? shocked face

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

08:46 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"i'm going to on patrol!" lloyd says, walking out the monastery. "see you guys later!" the double doors slam shut by the monks, who look at each other amused. 

"okay..." misako says, looking over the rest of the ninja who are sitting in the lounge area. they are more than happy for lloyd to patrol by himself. he's a big boy. 

misako thinks differently though...she sips on her tea, looking over to the red string on her pinkie finger. 

people say red ties only stay if your soulmate is always getting lost. this could be physically, emotionally and/or mentally. 

"what is wrong, my dear?" garmadon says, walking into the kitchen. garmadon is reformed. no black skin, no extra limbs, no bright red eyes. just a normal chinese man. well, beside his father being the creator of ninjago. "you seem troubled,"

"i think lloyd's going out to see a girl," she mutters looking at him. she was also a ninja once. now, she's a librarian to the local library which she loves and adores. but she knows the ways of the ninja. she married one, was kind of was one, and she gave birth to one. and she knows if she speaks loud enough the rest of the other kids who are gaming in the "but i don't know who,"

"lloyd?" garmadon questions. "would he not tell his fellow friends?"

"i mean, i didn't tell my friends when we were dating," misako shrugs, making garmadon look at her unimpressed. misako shrugs, holding the ceramic mug in her hands. "what? i like my private life private. lloyd might have taken that part into his personality,"

"maybe," garmadon says. "i-"

"i am the better out of us both so," garmadon smiles at his wife's comment. so snarky. so sassy. and he loved it. "it would be better if he got most of my genes,"

garmadon chuckles, shaking his head. how he really loved this woman. 

💚

the green ninja bows towards an old couple who he had just helped cross the street. 

something sweet and simple. 

crime still happened in ninjago but it's an average chance. he can't be kicking butt all the time. and he liked doing the smaller things. less stress for him and the rest of his family. 

he scales up a wall with ease, jumping up before landing onto a roof of a building. knowing the ninja technique, he makes no sound whatsoever. he twists his body, finding himself in the same place he was last night. 

should he go see her? what if she's busy? but he is the green ninja now...wow, he really needs to get his ego checked. 

he jumps down onto her balcony, seeing the pink curtains closed. 

what does he do? knock? he shuffles his feet together, panicking. he doesn't want to seem weird. 

what if she's asleep?

he groans quietly and bites his tongue. he can do this. he can just say he's checking up on her foot or something. 

he knocks on the window and hears some shuffling on the other side. the blinds open, and he sees y/n rubbing her eyes. her discreetly looks down to her foot, seeing that the swelling is much better. 

he waves, scared that if he says something, he will mess up. 

"oh my gosh," he hears her mumble as she looks at him before going back into her room. she looks around her key and walks back to the balcony door as she finds it. 

she opens the door with a smile. 

"hi," y/n states, letting the green ninja look at her properly. her hair is [tied up/tucked underneath a bonnet/in a hijab/in a scarf/in a head wrap]. and she's wearing his merch. he lets out an upside down smile before coughing. "are you okay?"

"i-i just came to check up on your foot," the green ninja says without trying to draw any suspicion. "it seems okay,"

"oh!" y/n realizes. "yeah!" y/n wiggles her foot around, making the green ninja relax and smile at her, underneath his mask. "i'm okay. it's all good, i didn't cheer today but maybe on friday,"

"ah, i see," now, what does he say? "i'll let you sleep,"

"oh...okay," why does she look disheartened? "wait, let me give you something for your patrol," y/n goes to walk back inside her room but looks at him, squinting her eyes. "stay," 

the green ninja opens his mouth, then closes it. what does he have to lose? he nods, letting the pink loving girl smile at him and walk back into her room. 

the green ninja purses his lips. is she going to buy him something? give him something? yell at him? slap him?

"here," all that spacing in out and he didn't even realise that she's right here. in her hands, a small box with a pink ribbon. "i thought you'd might be a bit hungry after saving the city all the time. and i don't know what ninja's eat but...i thought you might be able to eat this!"

the green ninja opens the box carefully, not destroying the ribbon. and as he opens it, a smile sits on his face, under his mask. cinnamon buns. he loved cinnamon buns. how did she know that?

"don't take this as a romantic thing, please!" y/n says, putting her hands in front of her face. "i have a soulmate. who i am trying figure out who they are and i would like to be very loyal to them!"

the green ninja nods. he doesn't think like that at all. 

"i won't. thank you though," he says, closing the box again. "i will take my leave now," he bows towards her, before saluting. 

"bye," y/n waves as he jumps off. she watches him before turning away and walking back into her room, locking the door and closing the windows. today has been a pretty good day.