31-40

Compared to this elder brother who she hasn't seen for over twenty years, isn't she closer to the cousins she grew up with?

At least they care about her, take care of her, play with her, and give her gifts. She did trust her cousins more, so under their influence, she became more and more disgusted and afraid of Jeon Jeongguk.

She pretended he wasn't her brother, just like he pretended she wasn't his sister.

They were unrelated and owed each other nothing!

But now he was interfering in her life, and she was unexpectedly not averse to it, and even felt that lingering sense of anticipation she had when she learned he would be coming home.

Realizing this, Jeon Jeongguk was immediately ashamed and angry.

On what grounds! He ignored her when he wanted, and meddled when he wanted! She must look so ridiculous like this! Just like a spoiled child who was easily satisfied with a little candy!

Jeon Jeongguk aused in her steps.

Kim Lalisa noticed that the little cat whose fur she had just smoothed was bristling again. She looked at Kim Lalisa angrily, "I can go home myself, no need to walk me back."

As she spoke, she reached to take the bag of rice from Kim Lalisa's hand.

Kim Lalisa said, "It's heavy."

More than ten pounds.

Jeon Jennie didn't listen and insisted on grabbing it. Kim Lalisa could only let go. Then she saw Song Shuling stumble.

Kim Lalisa said, "...I said it was heavy."

Jeon Jennie was even more ashamed and angry. She hugged the bag of rice in both arms and charged forward fiercely.

It was still kind of cute.

Kim Lalisa leisurely followed behind her and watched the little cat throw a tantrum.

When they got home, Fu Mingyu and two of his very capable subordinates had already left. Seeing that Kim Lalisa had followed her back, Jeon Jennie pursed her lips, but didn't say anything, tacitly allowing her to enter the house.

It was almost dinner time. Kim Lalisa asked, "Want to have dinner together?"

What was going on? Why did she get so excited just because he suggested having dinner together?

Jeon Jennie fiercely suppressed that undignified thrill in her heart and said coolly, "I already have plans with sister Wei."

Sister Wei?

Seemingly aware of her confusion, Jeon Jennie gave a low snort. As expected, he didn't even remember these siblings! But still explained, "That's Jeon Jiawei, my cousin. She's Uncle Da's daughter."

Kim Lalisa had no impression at all. This whole big family of Song's was like NPCs that she had to unlock one by one. Judging by Jeon Jennie's tone, she seemed to be very close with this cousin. This was a good chance to meet her circle of friends and find the root of her crooked thinking.

So she asked, "Can I come along?"

Jeon Jennie was astonished. He...he was actually asking for her opinion?

Legendary Jeon Jeongguk, whose word was law, who did things his own way, was someone even the company elders were wary of. But now he was lowering his head to ask her, his tone and gaze both gentle.

Jeon Jennie seemed to be stunned by this question, blankly looking at Kim Lalisa for a long time. The previously bristling cat put away her claws, "O-Okay..."