𝗢𝗻𝗲

" Leah! Leah! Wake up!" I heard loudly in my ear while feeling two hands furiously shaking me up. I instantly shot up from my bed.

"What ?! What ?!" I yelled in fear while trying to focus my blurry vision.  Did someone break in ? Is there a fire or something? Am I being kidnapped?!

"Relax , relax . It's just me "

I slowly recognized my brother's voice and took a sigh of relief. My eyes regained focus and there that idiot was, right in front of me.

"Floyd! You scared me to death , I thought there was something going on. And why are you disrupting my slumber ? What's so important that you couldn't wait til I woke up ?" I rolled my eyes as I reluctantly sat up in my bed.

" This casting call can't wait til you wake up! You have to jump on it as fast as possible. I had to tell you as soon as I could . They just announced it , look!"Floyd yelled in excitement as he showed me his phone.

It was an Instagram post. It read Casting Call for Annabeth Chase. Girls 12-16. My eyes slowly widened in pure shock.

" Wait - Annabeth Chase ? You mean the Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson?!" I fan girled. They're making another adaption and I could possibly have the chance to audition ?!

"Yup! That's right , the Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson. They're making a series! Do you know how many people are going to audition for that ?! I had to tell you quickly. The author just posted the casting call this morning. You better call your agent right now and ask her to get you an audition"Floyd smiled.

"No way  a series ? That's even better! But wait - Call my agent right now ? Right now, no -I can't. I sound like a frog with my morning voice and I haven't even showered or brushed my teeth. I'll call her after" I shook my head.

" Leah , I'm sorry is your agent going to be smelling you through the phone ? There's no excuse. Call right now. You want to get into the auditions as fast as possible!" He grabbed my phone from my night stand and handed it to me.

"No of course she won't smell me but I mean my frog voice -" I began to say.

"But my frog voice nothing , call her, now" Floyd ordered.

"Alright , alright , dang " I surrendered as I unlocked my phone . As I was about to call my agent Alana , reality hit me and I stopped myself.

Is there any use in auditioning for this ? Annabeth is not black. Annabeth is a white girl with pretty light eyes. Even in the movie they had that beautiful white girl with stunning blue eyes. That's not me . I'm not Annabeth. I know I won't get this. The excitement that was rushing through my body had died down and I couldn't help but feel sad.

"What's wrong ?" Floyd asked in concern.

" who are we kidding ? We both know that I won't get this. Annabeth is white. I'm black. There's no chance so why even try . Let's just save ourselves the disappointment " I sighed as I locked my phone.

"Leah, I know there's never been a black Annabeth casted. But there was never a black Ariel casted either that is until Halle Bailey. If she didn't try and audition would she have even been casted? . We would have missed out on an amazing Ariel. Plus , you know these books. You know who Annabeth is . I didn't introduce you to the books for nothing. It's worth a shot. Please audition. I'd love to have my little sister play Annabeth Chase . Take that chance , you'll thank me later " Floyd  comforted me as he sat down next to me.