Ch III: The Passage to Skegnoir

The group known as the Last Laugh will be walking forth on the path of the depressive lands. This place would be unknown as it is alien to them, yet Deadeye would seem to know this place back when he was an Angel full-time. He keeps this info to himself as staying silent, going forward as stopping abruptly making 6 steps towards a tree stump. He places his hand of the right side down on the stump, likely seeming to pay respects to something of what the group doesn't know about... To which their suprise they will say his words

"Fac veritatem ire feram
Sacram revelare foraminis
Ad quod clavem mittit
Pone porta omnia ad"

Which were Latin. The angel seems to have knowledge of this dead tongue speech since being there since near their end.

"Come."

The angel spoke as he walks forward. Which after passing the stump, he vanished through what seemed to be an invisible portal.

They would be hesistant, due to making their way forth. They were not sure what this was, or whatever magic it was, but surely it could be a path of secrets that cover their fate being either good or bad. This will be followed by a boom of something like a screeching of a chalk board and jeep roaring its horn. A creature approaches, for which there was no time to wait. They decided to jump through as the Angel comes back out seals them away. Ready to fight the creature.

We cut now to the rest of the group- those who traveled in the portal, seem to be going through many overloads of the many senses. Which this will be their journey to a first town, a land of which accessed by this portal, one of magical beings known as Elves. Thus a land processed by the mind is hard, due to covered by illusions to those who venture without the special passage tongue spoken, which thankfully the Angel knew. They would land on the ground infront of a gate made of vines and an arching root of a mighty Oak. The oak seemed to be aged of many milleniums, as if perserved beyond its expiration date even. Jack was the first to wake up, shaking his skull around to hear naught a single sound from his body- not even a rattle or creak, meaning his was not broken.

He would watch his surrondings as unsure of the land he was within, the place was barren of any buildings, people, or a true pathway- which was unsettling. Then followed by Azura amd Kaiden, who walk up forward to examine the sight behold infront of them, Azura, upset and bewildered of the sudden change of pace and possible betrayal of one of their allies, while Kaiden, knowing the fun from nature, enjoys himself by touching grass. Jack would look around, realizing Shion and Osiris were missing which alerted the other two due to their leader and main person, possibly even, the strongest of them all, were missing! Azura yells out towards the two as she seems to be ranting on about they need to find their leader quickly. Yet Jack was confused since he was the "True" leader" of the group.

Azura runs off forth into the woods, which Jack goes to yell out as Kaiden just chuckles outwards, casting his own worries aside as he says to Jack...

"Don't worry! She will be okaaaay! She is just a little emotional, jusy all it is!"

Jack would unsurely nod, rapidly doing so as not sure what to say. They would hear brustling from a bush thinking its Azura which Kaiden smiles to said bush, laughing a nice laugh while saying towards the bush

"Hey! Can you come out, its funny you are acting like you want to scare us but it isnt working! Hehe!"

Which they watch the mere bush rustle more, to suddenly burst out a black coat Panther with red stripes of which resemble a bolt of lightning across the back and underneath its eyes. Its dagger-like canine fangs stuck out like a sore thumb, being chipped and supposedly damaged yet that was how they were formed for more damage and tearing the flesh upon their meals. The beast lunged at Kaiden, as said man lets out a shriek of suprised horror. Here Jack would rush forth as the beast has lunged towards its new meal, he would decide to throw a mere fist at its face, hoping to send it flying as it does do so to an extent. It was knocked away but managed to grip into Kaiden's armor with its paw, dragging it towards the itselg which Jack watches the beast's movements, as he was still going to the creature due to his body's movement from the upward punch to protect Kaiden. He seems to then brings one fist down on its cranium, dealing some damage as it was heard of some sorts of "Crrrck!"

This power was Jack's physical prowess, since he has trained heavily from the last fight we knew of... Being Rae and himself. He would send the beast into its own paw as Kaiden was able to barely get away from a fang impaling the beasts paw- and into the earth. The beast roars in pain as Kaiden pulls his sword out as he goes to cleave the beast's head in half, not downwards, but side to side. Here we see a beast lie fallen down, its blood spews forth violently due to the head of the beast massacred. Kaiden panting in fear, quickly gets up for that his sword's handle gripped tightly in fear, hanging over him silently since the creature was brutally killed by his own fearful action made. He didnt like this, as he tries to knock foes out as opposed to brutal cold blood murder.

He would watch Jack as the skeleton sighed, shaking his head as to notice the fear of Kaiden. He speaks out as which instead of getting his words out- a small figure of 2'7 ft tall, a being with pointy ears, and a body of shrunken proportions- A elven-gnome would emerge as he speaks to himself a song, until that is, walking into Jack's leg.

"Oi! When did yall get here?"

"We... Have been here for a good minute or 4. Apologies for the mess."

"Nah! Tis fine! It is usual for those beasts to prey on the weak minded- the Mind-Eater Panthers."

Jack would answer but Kaiden whom aims his sword to the guy still shooken, he asks...

"Whom are you!"

"Why? I am "The Enigma" to many, words can't place a name or title on me. As it still is a mystery to know who I am. Lemme guide you to your destination- I know yall are heading to a certain goal requiring the place "Skegnoir" am I right?"

Jack and Kaiden would be suprised at his knowledge and words- as they would look at eachother and discuss abit of what to do. They talk for about 13 minutes.

"Hey, Yknow I think he can be trusted? I mean- Nothing ever is bad when you go into the unknown."

Jack replied to Kaiden as he is hit with a fearful smack on the back of their cranium.

"Are you NUTS?!... Whoops- Yoy must be lost mentally, cause this man obviously is not a good guy. I mean, cmon! He is a gnomish being. They are not to be trusted what so ever."

"I see... yet y'know this factor is good cause we can learn more from this more knowledgable person than just wandering aimlessly in these thick woods. If it was to come push to shove, maybe we could handle that fate peacefull?"

"Yeah yeah yeah. Right, death at its doors-... Fine! Do whatever, of course us perishing is on your... uh... life? I suppose if you have one?

"I know! Also WHY DOES EVERYONE INSULT ME BEING UNDEAD?!"

As they talk "The Enigma" asks them if they were finished talking due to the change of the topic he was listening to.

As the two finish the talk, accepting the help. Little knew of now the dire fate they are in now.

Next time on "Deadman's Perspective"