2

I drive to Wells house and arrive at 12:57. I let myself in his house and go up to his room. I walk right in. "The dad not home?" I say smirking at him before he runs up to me and gives me a tight hug. "Nope, the dad is at work, as always." He laughs before letting me go. "So how was your trip?"

Me and Wells catch up. I tell him all about my trip, and the cute boy I met while I was there and he tells me all about how his spring break was so "boring" without me. Me and wells have been friends ever since kindergarten. Our parents are also very close friends.

"So are you ready for school?" I ask him.
"Oh absolutely not." He groans at the question. "But I expect you are? I bet you were doing homework while on vacation." He laughs.
"Oh please I'm not that big of a nerd. I only did my drawing assignment while I was there."
"Yea sure" he teases me. I punch him on the arm as hard as I could. "Ow!"
"Oh please don't tell me that hurt" I roll my eyes at him. "But... you must be excited for school for one reason, right?"
"And what's that reason?"
"Rugby. It starts soon right?"
"Ahhh yes it does, and yes I am very hyped. Been going to the gym to get some gains so we can destroy trikru this year.

Trikru high, our rugby rival team. Whenever our teams play each other, girls team or boys team, the student section is always packed. Rugby is not that big of a sport at our school, expect for those games.
"You gotta join this year Clarke. It's your last year in high school and you gotta try some new things before the year is over." He has basically been pleading for me to join ever since grade nine.
"No and no. I am so busy and I know if I joined I would just end up being your tackling bag."
"That is so not true!" He protested.
"Not happening." I stated.

"You missing the Californian sun?" Wells dad, Thelonius asked me. I hadn't even realized he was standing at the door way, I must have been zoned out.

"Oh haha, hi thelonius." I said with a smile. I have always called him by his first name since we have known each other for so long. "Yea kinda it's a bit warmer there." It's not that much warmer in California, but the change is definitely noticeable. We have a conversation mostly him asking about how my trip was, and then he asks me if I'll be staying for dinner.

"Oh no, I think I should be going home soon but thanks for asking." He smiles at me and then leaves me and Wells alone again. I look at my watch. "Oh shit, it really is almost dinner time." I had lost sense of time while me and Wells were playing roblox horror games on our phones. Definitely something my mom says we should grown out of especially since we are almost graduating

I head downstairs with Wells, give him a hug and say my goodbyes before leaving. I drive home and when I get there mom is not home. There is a note on the fridge.

"Got called in for the night shift. I didn't have time to go grocery shopping or make any dinner so I left some money.
Xoxo- mom"

I look to the counter and there is $20. The hospital is always understaffed so mom is always getting called into work. I should've stayed at Wells's house for dinner.

I decide to go out for dinner instead of ordering it to my house. I hop in my car and drive into town looking for something that looks appealing. I pull into a sandwich shop. I always drive past it, but I've never been inside or had anything from it.

I go inside and look at the menu. I find something that looks yummy and I order. It's a chicken sandwich with bacon bits, tomato, cheese and lettuce. Just my kind of sandwich.

I decide to eat inside the place instead of eating in my car or driving home. As I'm eating two more people walk in. I watch them walk up to the counter and they start ordering. They are both girls. One has long blonde hair and the other has king brown wavy hair. I continue eating and the two girls sit down in a booth near me, close enough that I can hear most of what they are saying.

I didn't mean to listen in on their conversation but they were talking quite loudly. They sounded a bit like they were arguing. I could see the brown haired girls face. She had small braids in random places in her hair and she had really pretty green eyes with black eye line on her water line. She was very pretty. I couldn't see the blonde girls face since they were sitting across from each other.

Their conversation was getting louder and it was clear that they were fighting. Going back and forth at each other arguing. I was trying not to look like I was listening. But I kept eating my sandwich and listening. The brown haired one was mentioning something about the blonde girl getting with someone else. Were they together? In a relationship?

My answer was soon answered when the blonde one got up at yelled "Fuck you Lexa were over." And stormed out. The brown haired on stood up to and yelled back at her. "Costia what the fuck come back!" But the blonde was already gone. The Brown hair one who I assume is named Lexa sat back down with her face in her hands. She looked up and we locked eyes. Fuck. I quickly looked away and kept eating my sandwich.

I look up again and she was still looking at me. Her eyes were glossy like she was about to cry. She slammed her hand on the table, grabbed her sandwich and walked over to me. "Mind your fucking business" she spat at me before leaving the store. Well damn.

The employee looked at me and gave me a look saying "that's embarrassing" I rolled my eyes then got up and left.

I got home and ate the rest of my sandwich in my room before putting on a show. As I was falling asleep I remembered about school. "Ughhhh" I exclaimed loudly. "What ever I'll get all my stuff ready tomorrow." I said to myself. I continued watching my show until I was so tired I could barley keep my eyes open. I closed my laptop and passed out instantly.