8

I wake up to a sound coming from the room above us. I can hear things falling and what sounds like someone moving around on the ground. My watch says it's 2:57 am. I'm so exhausted so I try to fall back asleep, but the person above us is still making so much noise. I groan before getting out of bed and silently leaving the room and heading upstairs. I have no idea where I'm going so I'm trying my best to follow the sound.

The sound leads me to a door that is closed, with the lights on inside. I can hear the person groaning from outside. I knock on the door quietly. No one answers. I slowly turn the handle and the door opens. The lights blind me at first but when my eyes adjust I can see Lexa lying on the floor beside the toilet. I quickly close the door and rush to kneel beside her on the floor.

"Lexa!" I whisper shout at her. I grab her and examine her face. Her eyes flutter open and our eyes meet.

"Wha-?"

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"Where am I?" She asks in a groggy voice.

"On the bathroom floor."

"Are we still at the party?"

"No, you're at Lincoln's house."

"Oh."

She closes her eyes for a moment before opening them again.

"Why are you here then?"

I was about to reply when she shoots up in a sitting position and starts vomiting into the toilet. I grab her hair and hold it away from her face. She throws up one more time and just slumps against the toilet bowl in pure exhaustion.

I grab her by the shoulders and pull her away from the toilet bowl and lean her against the bathtub. I grab a damp face cloth and wipe her mouth. She is still wearing her makeup from before, and her mascara is all smudged under her eyes. I look around in the cupboard under the sink and to my surprise I found some makeup wipes. I grab them, then start wiping Lexa's eyes and then the rest of her face to get everything off. She is still slumped against the bathtub with her eyes closed, and I can almost swear she's sleeping. I put away the wipes and think about what to do with her. Do I leave her here? Do I drag her off to a bedroom? What if she needs to throw up again? I have no idea which room she is sleeping in, and I doubt she will be any help in finding it.

I'm sitting on the ground against the door when I hear her mutter something.

"What?" I say

"Thank you." She rolled onto her side and is now laying on the ground.

I get up and go over to her. "Come on, I'm not letting you sleep on the floor, where's your room?"

"Noooo" she groans at me, "I'm to tired to walk. Just toss me a towel and I'll use it as a blanket."

"Oh my god, no come on." I grab her arm and pull her into a sitting position. I then grab both her arms and try to pull her up. She just slumps back onto the ground, and of course, continues groaning.

"You have to help me a little bit. Please."

"Eughhhh." she exclaims. I grab her arms again and she actually helps me get her to her feet. She stumbles into me and I have to grab her so she doesn't fall over.

After a long and hard five minute journey of Lexa almost falling over and face planting into walls, we made it to the bedroom which was the room right next to the bathroom. The second she felt the edge of the bed she flopped onto it and laid there.

"Come on Lexa, lay properly." I maneuvered her until she was laying the proper way.

I sat beside her on the bed out of exhaustion. It was now 3:30am and I am just yearning for sleep.