Chapter 6 - Surprise, Asshole

6

It was now late at night as I went through the darkened home office in Sam's enormous modern style house in a gated community off a private drive, making it all the way past his security systems easily as I searched his house for any information I could dig up on any of his family's contact, or any hunting equipment at all but almost the entire house was squeaky clean and kept in perfect order, barely looking like anyone lived there at all.

I was now walking around barefoot with my plain white tee still tucked into my black slacks, stopping in front of the file cabinet when I saw the flash of headlights pull up to the driveway, causing me to duck out of the window as I pressed my back to the wall to avoid being seen. I walked across the room and back towards the door to the office, quietly pressing my back against the wall to the side just behind the door and waited patiently until I heard the faint sound of a car door slamming shut.

I stayed back until I could no longer hear Sam walking through the house, assuming he had made his way upstairs before carefully opening the door a crack and peering around the now lit up grand living room, checking to see if the coast was clear and quietly sneaking out the door and up the stairs.

I made my way down the hall where the bedroom door was still hanging open as I heard Sam shuffle around inside, quietly stopping just outside the door and peering inside to see the large dark gray room with a huge all black California king near the tall floor to ceiling windows, the room decorated in a tasteful dark modern style and giving the room a sort of appearance of a cave, smiling and thinking to myself that in any universe, Sam would want a Batcave for a bedroom if he was living as a single bachelor.

I peered through the slit in between the door and the frame and saw Sam enter the attached walk-in closet in a white button-up and black slacks when I took my chance and quickly stepped into the room, stopping near the entrance to the walk-in closet and keeping my back pressed against the wall as I quietly waited in anticipation.

When Sam finally walked past me back into the room wearing only a pair of loose black athletic pants, I sprang into action and grabbed his shoulder when he reacted quickly, grabbing my hand and darting back around when I ducked underneath his arm and twisted it behind his back, causing him to stumble forward a few steps.

He started to fight back and grab at me when I kicked out the back of his knee and hooked my arm underneath his arm, bringing my arm straight across his wide chest and turned over, flipping him over my hip onto the floor before grabbing his arm and twisting it behind his back again, causing him to grimace as I leaned down with my knee on his lower back.

He struggled to get free when I let out a laugh, raising my eyebrows and shaking my head as I patted his shoulder, "I'm a little surprised, Sammy? You're even more rusty than I thought you would be."

Sam turned his head back to the side, catching a glimpse of me and furrowing his brows angrily, "You again?! What the hell are you doing in my house?!"

I gave him a look as I leaned down closer, "I told you. I need your help."

Sam grit his teeth as he shifted his weight with a grunt and lifted up his knee, overpowering me by throwing me forward off his back when I tumbled over on the ground, catching myself and watching as Sam stumbled to his feet and readied his fists loosely in front of him, "I'm not helping you."

I got up on my knee in a crouch, lifting my head up and whipping my hair back as I gave him a look with a wicked smirk, "I'm not asking anymore."