Chapter 6

Luna had followed the woman and Thor inside her room and through one of the archways. It appeared to be a sitting room, with several divans spread into a circle around a long coffee table that had a golden platter upon it. The room itself—like the rest of her surroundings had the same colour scheme and the same simplicity. The woman sat down on a divan, moving to the side and making room for Thor. She glanced over the closeness between the two and briefly wondered as to their relationship, before deciding that it would not be polite to pry, especially as Thor was already weary of her. She may not be an expert at reading emotions, but she could sense when people were afraid of the things that they did not know. It was quite evident in his posture and the way he studied her with his eyes. It was almost as he was searching for her to act out, to destroy something, almost as if she was the apocalypse personified. Luna had concluded that he was definitely protective of his loved ones, and she could not blame him, for she had been similar in her during her life. It was a trait that she had carried on into the afterlife, and now as she sat on the feather-soft divan across from the strange couple, she could see that Thor was deeply fond of the petite woman and that in a similar fashion, he would be extremely protective over Frigga.

"Are you hungry?" the woman asked Luna, who had been busy staring at the stony floor beneath their feet.

She glanced up at the woman and smiled."I am not, thank you for asking."

"Are you sure?" she asked again, a frown creasing her brow, "You were asleep for a few days."

"Days?" Luna echoed.

"Yes, days. It was almost as if you hadn't slept in eons." Thor said, just as the woman opened her mouth to speak. She closed her mouth and sent Thor a dark look. He didn't notice.

"You could say that." Luna muttered under her breath. A silence fell over the trio, and Luna took the opportunity to revel in the sensations that ran through her nerves. The soft, silky texture of the divan skimmed over the skin under her legs as she shifted lightly in her position, the same texture under her palm as she moved her hand over the surface. It felt luxurious and harsh at the same time. She remembered the feeling of such a fabric, and as she closed her eyes, suede, flashed across the inside of her closed eyelids. She was then drawn to the way the air hit her arms, causing goosebumps to rise. Without the sunlight directly hitting her skin, she became aware of how chilly the stone room was. Despite the window that was situated in the opposite wall, the sun was not in the right position to provide light through it. If it had been there, Luna would have stood in the pool of sunlight. Luna shivered lightly as the cold penetrated her skin, almost reaching her bones. Luna's head spun around as she saw the woman stand up and exit the room.

"Where is she going?" Luna asked, her eyes not leaving the spot where she had been.

"To gather an article of clothing," Thor said, his deep voice echoing in the room, "You are cold."

"It seems that I am." Luna agreed, "It has been a long time since I have been bothered by temperature fluctuations."

Thor grunted, "We are approaching autumn, it is not that surprising."

"I once knew Autumn like no one did." Luna smiled at Thor, "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."

"Wise words," Thor nodded.

"She was like that, a breath of fresh air." Luna said to herself, "Freedom amongst oppression, carried by the wind, changed by the seasons...All the Seasons were, and continue to be." She stood up, and walked across the room to the window. She placed her hands on the cool stone sill, and poked her head out of the window. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, taking in the crisp air. Thor had also stood up, but he stayed immobile in his spot, staring at the strange girl who was peering out of the window. She was lost in the world of Asgard, taking in its beauty, its elegance and grace. While she had admitted that the world was foreign to her, looking at her know, Thor could feel that it was not just the world that was foreign to her, but all of the experiences of life. The universe, time, sensation, emotion... all of those things seemed to be foreign to her, and if they were, from where had she come from? What world? What time? The answers to these questions were too far from his grasp, but one day, he would find the softest glimmer of that answer, he would grab it, hold it and envelop himself in it, just to see the world as Luna saw it, and to experience it with such curiosity. Luna would never be able to understand the world from Thor's point of view, to be so used to life and what it brings. That ability was taken from her the day she had allowed herself to love, and to be encompassed by love. Never had she rued that day, and it seemed now, in this moment of time, in this strange world that was nothing like the one she was from, she could feel the heaviness of her decision weigh upon her heart. With such a rash decisions, came the consequences, but she had accepted that millennia ago. She opened her eyes and retreated back into the room.