Chapter Fifteen (Part I)

Adrianna's POV

"So, how are you liking Mill Creek High?" Esme asked me excitedly, her wide purple gaze boring into mine. The amount of energy this girl had so early in the morning was insane.

"It's... interesting," I replied taking a few moments to choose my words carefully.

It was early in the morning and the bell for the beginning of the school day was about to ring. I had woken up on my own without any help from Joanna, got dressed, fed in the woods and drove to school only to find that I was being waited for by a group of guys. I didn't even need to get out of my car and deal with them because just then Esme bounded down the steep concrete steps and somehow managed to shoo them all away. It was almost like she knew I wasn't in the mood to deal with bothersome, desperate humans today.

Today, I promised myself that I was going to focus solely on getting the attention of Caleb's friends. He had some nerve yesterday, pulling me into a disgusting storage closet only to tell me he didn't like me and never wanted to associate himself with me ever. I've got to say, the fact that he felt that way really bothered me.

And the way his strong hands felt on my hips... I shook my head and frowned. I didn't feel anything when he did that. Nothing at all.

As Esme and I walked the halls towards my newly-acquired locker (which, by the way, I had compelled some girl to give me since it was close to the school exit), I was subjected to the various admiring, lustful, and jealous gazes of the Mill Creek High population.

"Hey, gorgeous," one kid said, winking. Another one blew me a kiss. Yup, that was the good life: being wanted and adored by hundreds of hormonal teenagers. Madge would have been so proud.

I stopped myself short of the thought. Madge had betrayed my trust by lying to me about messing around with my royal vampire boy toys. I wasn't going to let her occupy my thoughts, even if it was just for a tiny second. I wanted a full out, begging down-on-your-knees apology from her for being a nasty little whore and messing with what was mine, and it was clear that wasn't happening anytime soon.

"Excuse me, you're Catalina right?" I heard a girl say.

I turned around from my locker and was met with a pair of brown eyes and a fair-skinned face framed by a head of straight long brown hair. She was flanked by five other girls and they all wore varsity jackets that read "Mill Creek Cheerleaders". The jackets had an image of a black raven flying with its wings spread out wide.

"Duh," I said flippantly, turning back to my locker. The last thing I needed was girls to start coming at me too. Or worse: the dreaded followers-the fan girls. Now those were annoying.

I heard her clear her throat and after I got my English textbook out, I shut the locker and turned back to face her since it was obvious she wasn't leaving.

"Hey, Esme." The girl smiled at Esme and she returned her greeting warmly.

"Hey, Drina."

Was there anyone in this school that Esme didn't know?

The brown haired girl known as Drina focused her attention back on me. "Catalina," she started, flashing me a smile. "You are hereby invited to join the Mill Creek Cheerleading Squad!"

She said the last part excitedly but it didn't reach her eyes. The girls behind her nodded eagerly with equally fake smiles plastered on their faces, as if they felt that they were doing something obligatory.

Lucky for them, I had no intention whatsoever to be a part of a stupid cheerleading team. I had seen the movies: it consisted of nothing but a bunch of irritating, overly happy girls jumping around and doing flips in the air. Actually, I was surprised Esme wasn't a part of their little group, seeing as she had the energy of a seven year old. And when cheerleaders weren't wasting energy, they were being sluts and screwing every guy on every sports team in the school. I don't care what anyone says-I totally believed those stereotypes. I, however, was so amazing that I didn't even need to wave pompoms in the air to be popular. I just needed to be me: the epitome of perfection.