셋: One step further

Zhang Hao's weekend mornings always started as soon as possible, probably around 7:00 am. His routine was pretty bland, nothing special in it. He began by washing himself and fixing his hair and face before going his small the kitchen, or well, their. 

Zhang Hao didn't live alone. He had his brother adoptive brother, Han Yujin. Actually, Zhang Hao was the adopted one by Yujin's parents since he was 3 years old. Now, 20 years later, he was taking care of his brother all alone.

They were just both of them against the world.

"Yujin-ah! Come to have breakfast." Zhang Hao heard sudden noise coming from the other side of the door, signaling that the young one had heard what he said.

Just about five minutes later, both of them were sat down across the table, eating the crispy ,almost burned, pancakes the eldest had made. Zhang Hao knew he was horrible at cooking, but it wasn't like if Yujin could say something about it.

"Do you have any homework to do today? Or anything to do at least?" Yujin looked at Zhang Hao, as if the answer was too much obvious, and shocked his head signaling a 'no'.

Its was quite quiet everytime Zhang Hao was at home, and he learned to loved it. 'Cause well, when the only person in the apartment besides you can't talk, words aren't specially shared between them.

Yes, Yujin can't speak.

But it wasn't a thing he was born with it. It was trauma, or at least that was what Zhang Hao thought due to the lack of explanation of his brother. Yujin had gone to more psychologist than he could count with his hand, but none of them could make Yujin talk again. Yujin's only way of communication was texts and the people around him, which weren't as much as you might think, got used to it.

Zhang Hao hated that he couldn't help him, and today he remembered more than everyday, and he knew why.

'Same place, now.' A text in his phone said. The number wasn't registered in Zhang Hao's phone, but he definitely knew who was. 

"I need to go Yujin. Don't open the door if it isn't me okay? If something happens, text me." Yujin nodded as the eldest grabbed his things as fast as he could and went out from his apartment. It wasn't usual from him to leave so suddenly, but it was necessary.

Necessary to keep Yujin save.

The weather was so nice and perfect, but it wasn't time to contemplated. As he walked through the street he ignored every thing around him. His mind became an isolated storm that wasn't really calmed. His hands were trembling as if it was snowing and he had no gloved. And his chest felt like if it was pressed against itself.

"Zhang Hao?"

Hao only heard once that voice and turned around. He only knew him days ago, but his voice was so unique that he immediately recognized him. He looked at him and saw Hanbin with a shiny smile and happy eyes. 'Yujin'. He wanted to stay and talk to his new handsome friend, but it wasn't time. He promised himself to say sorry later and ran away without saying another.

"Huh? Zhang... Hao?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, were are we going?" Jiwoong asked, seeing that he was just following the Canadian through the streets without even knowing were.

"There is a cafe nearby, I can help you study there."

Jiwoong and Matthew had arranged to study together for the english exam they would have later. I had only been two weeks since Jiwoong had entered his school, but he already had exams and supposedly didn't understood english at all. 

"Would you like to get something before we start?" Jiwoong kindly asked before he took a seat.

"An Iced Americano, please. I have been craving for one since days!" Matthew had started to smile once he imagined the drink in his hand. 'What a cute smile' Jiwoong thought. (Who knows, knows 😏)

"I will go for it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, if the sentence says 'Can you do your homework today?', is it a command or request?" Both of the guys had spent a few hours inside the cafe, checking each one of the things that the exam will include according to their teacher. Although they were in different grades, their classes were quite similar.  

"Uhh... request?" Jiwoong said like if he was guessing.

"That is correct! See, grammar isn't that difficult."

"Yeah, sure."

Grammar was definitely difficult, and he needed to approve the exam to stay at the school and continue his mission, so there was no turning back. At least, this was the last topic, so they were free of Grammar for today study. 

"So, Matthew, if I may know, do you have a parther, like a girlfriend?" Jiwoong tried to get more information from Matthew, but it took such a big surprise to him that he almost drowned in his Iced Americano. 

"I...no. I am actually interested in boys... but still I don't have a boyfriend." Oh, that was... unexpected, but strangely enough made Jiwoong happy, but he didn't knew why. 

"Oh, great!" Jiwoong finally could say. 

'Great?' Matthew though. 'Is he... also like me?' Matthew's cheeks started to feel hotter than before when he tried to see the probabilities of his hyung liking boys as well.

"It's time for me to go home Jiwoon hyung. Taerae will be worried if I don't get home soon." Matthew said as he packed his things, still with his head lowered down to try and hide his notable blush.

"Taerae?" Jiwoong was definetly confused by the name that the younger said. He knew they were friends, bt it was weird to see that Taerae cares too much about it. A sudden stoke in his heart was made. 'What was that?'

"Yeah, he's my dad's secretary and is in charged to also take care of me." Another fact learnt and ready to be placed in Jiwoong's investigation folder. 

"Oh, well, then you should go." Jiwoong said, jokingly sulking as he saw the Canadian boy ready to leave him.

"Aww, hyung wants to see me more?"

"Yes" Jiwoong said without thinking. Once he analyzed it, he looked like a tomato, which was curious to Matthew and tried to follow what Jiwoong said by accident. 

"Well, then you will have to wait until tomorrow because I am already going home. Bye hyung!"

"Bye Matthew."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How was your date?" Hanbin was sat down in Jiwoong's bed as they both scrolled through their phones, stopped by the comment of the youngest. 

"Yah, it wasn't a date. I just followed instructions and connected with him more by studying in a cafe. By the way, do you want some?" Jiwoong tried ro change the subject of the conversation and move a coffee he holded in front of Hanbin.  

"It has vanilla hyung! Are you trying to kill me?" In Hanbin's wrist, the word "Vainilla" has always been there, and Jiwoong was supposed to know it.

"NO! I just... forgot about it when I remembered that the guy you had a crush in LITERALLY smells like orange and vainilla." Jiwoong slightly chuckled before he saw the annoyed grimace in Hanbin. 

"He might kill me, but I would be glad if it was him..."

Matthew. That was the thing he immediately thought aa he heard his friend. He hated how his company knew that if they needed to kill Mathew, he was the only one that could try. Stupid wrist tattoo! His bond with the bright, shiny boy was growing, an he expected to keep it after the mission, but if the company commander to kill him...

Yeah, better not think about it.

~1258 words

Sorry for the rushed filler but I will make it worth with next chapter.

Spoiler: R+G

See you my dear readers!

~Jin (ZMG)