Seirin Versus Seiho (Part 2)

"Seirin! Member change!"

The onlookers scattered among the crowd who knew about Kuroko's condition were immediately alert as the boy stood on the court. Kise was happy seeing his mentor finally taking action. He was at the same time worried. They, the Generation Of Miracles, knew something many did not.

Kuroko looked on determinedly. He could see the faces of Seiho's third years. They were slightly pale. They had finally realized who one of their opponents from their enemy team was. He was not what they thought as the manager of Seirin. No. He was not even your ordinary member. Kuroko Tetsuya, a feared member of the Generation Of Miracles.

"Trust me with the ball."

"What will you do?"

"What's the plan?"

Kuroko hesitated. "Do all of you trust me?"

"Of course!" Kagami was the first to respond.

"Good. You will know when I signal, and then aim to pass or shoot."

"But how will we know?"

Kuroko looked on as the referee blew his whistle.

"You will."

I was saving this for Midorima-kun but we may not make it at this rate.

Kagami got the ball. Should he pass or what? He looked at Kuroko for guidance.

Kuroko took a few steps, and with a running motion, he ducked out of everyone's sight and disappeared.

Riko was shocked.

Kagami felt like someone was touching his shoulder and he shot the ball out of surprise. Before a Seiho player was about to reach the ball, just millimeters from his fingertips, a blur reached out and grabbed the ball. With the rapid bouncing of the basketball, the Seirin members found the ball in their hands, with a whisper on which direction to throw next. Kagami ran towards the basket, with Tsugawa on his tail. But he was not afraid. Before he knew it, a voice whispered to him.

"Jump."

Kagami jumped, and the basketball appeared in his vision. Quickly, he grabbed the ball and jammed it into the net.

~~~

"The hell was that?" Kasamatsu gasped.

Kise was surprised too. He had not seen that move for a while now.

~~~

Midorima nearly forgot about his own game with Ginbo High as he saw his past teammate blur past everyone, scoring Seirin a goal.

~~~

"Marionette..."

"What?" Kasamatsu looked at his junior.

"Dancing Marionette. That was what we called Kurokocchi's move in Teiko."

"But back on our practice match, I don't think I saw him use whatever that is."

"Kurokocchi did not. Even in Teiko he rarely used it and not as frequently as his misdirection, which is also derived from Dancing Marionette. After that day, he rarely ever used this move. This is actually the first time I have seen it in a few months. Besides... How can you stop something you can't even see?"

~~~

Iwamura and Kasuga paled. They both recognized that stunt.

Something Marionette. It was briefly mentioned in a Basketball weekly magazine when it featured the Generation Of Miracles. A short and not-so-informative segment about Kuroko Tetsuya and his skills during their second year. Unfortunately, the length was cut short due to the female journalist being extremely pushy to the point that she was nearly threatened to be kicked out of Teiko for invading their rights. However, the Teiko Principal was equally adamant about his school being featured and the Teiko Basketball captain had reluctantly allowed the journalist to write about them, although he had kept the lady off Kuroko.