Shutoku vs Kinka

With much luck and skills, Shutoku quickly gained a huge lead of 30 points within the first five minutes. Kinka High had players with decent skill, enough to get them to the fourth round. Yet, this was also the round that they would ultimately meet their unfortunate defeat.

"They make it look so easy..." Kawahara looked at the ball as it was sent flying in a beautiful arc into the net. "I wonder though... why?"

Hyuga smirked at his naiveness. "Of course, they are an elite school and their regulars all have a solid understanding of basketball's foundation such as passing, running, and their handling skills. But... another reason can also be due to thei-"

"Their layouts and scorer." Kuroko interrupted, scaring the wits end of Hyuga who was not expecting to be cut off. They watched as the Shutoku captain made a clean dunk into the hoop.

"And Shutoku's 3rd-year captain Taisuke Otsubo scores again for his team! What a strong player!" A commentator yelled. The said player proceeded to help the two Kinka players who fell while trying to block his dunk up with a huge grin on his face.

"You see over in the field?" Kuroko pointed at the Shutoku players. "They used to have a strong inside with Otsubo-san who is also their main scorer. However, with the addition of this year's batch, their outside is covered by Midorima-kun and Takao-kun connects both sides with his skill."

"Who and who does what with who??"

Kuroko half-glared at Koganei before realizing that he was the only one in his team who knew most of the players in the high school circuit inside out. "Taisuke Otsubo, Shutoku's number 4, 6'6. He is best known as their team's ace and for his power, dunks, and rebounds. As Riko-san can tell you, his 'stats' are extremely high. And there is Midorima-kun, best known for his long shots. And Takao-kun has an ability much like Izuki-senpai's ability."

"Mine?"

"Yes."

They watched as Takao took control of the ball and shot it to behind him. Surprisingly, it landed in Shinsuke Kimura, Shutoku's PF and vice-captain's hand who made a quick shot to the hoop. Riko was shocked and looked at Izuki.

"But... it doesn't seem to function the same as Izuki-kun's Eagle Eye?"

Kuroko sighed as he scanned his page from his notebook that contained some information that he gathered just by watching the player's few moves within this game. "Takao-kun can see the court from a different perspective. This way, he can determine the position of the player immediately. But unlike Izuki's Eagle Eye, Takao possesses a much wider range. With his Hawk-Eye, he can see the entire court while Eagle Eye can see just a smaller portion of the court, letting him make blind passes."

"That's..."

"Horrible..." Izuki shuddered at the thought of his play being able to be countered by someone else with a higher level of his ability.

"Though..." Hyuga looked at Otsubo's play. "He has gotten even more stronger since our last match."

Riko leaned back in dismay. "We couldn't even do anything about him last year!"

Kuroko looked at his seniors.

"Are you sure about that?"

~~~

"OI! WATCH HIM!" A Kinka player shouted as the ball vanished from his palm into Takao's, who swiftly tossed it to Midorima. As Midorima caught it, he jumped, positioning his right hand above his left before shooting the ball in. 

"And this," Midorima landed back on the ground and turned to walk off. "Is why you cannot win. Come one Takao. Let's go."

Kuroko cringed at the words that was somehow carried faintly by the wind.