Before The Semis

"Kagami-kun? Do you normally eat that much?"

"Hmm?" Kagami turned around to face Kuroko who contrast to his multiple sandwiches and pasteries was eating a mere ham and cheese sandwich and a juice box. "Yesterday's match was so tough, I don't know how you are so relaxed. And how is that enough to fill you?!"

"It's enough." Kuroko watched as Kagami took a huge bite of his sandwich and swallowed. "If Japan ever ran out of food, I'm sure you'll be the first to die."

"What is that about!"

"Also, I'm sore too." Kuroko continued, ignoring Kagami.

"Sore?" Kagami looked back incredulously. "But you didn't do much."

Quite the contrary, in fact. While Kuroko was subbed in a few times during the match to help with the game flow to their advantage, to Kagami, it did not seem like much. When Hakuryo High managed to disrupt their flow, Kuroko came in to ensure the insides could pass to the outsides with his misdirection. He had to be light on his feet, running from one end of the court to the other in order to have the best view of the court and to calculate how to circulate the ball. At times, he would score a goal, or feint to give Kagami an alley-oop.

"But we won."

"Yah yah."

"Kagami-kun!" A voice came from the doorway. Riko stood there carrying two heavy boxes. "Perfect! Come with me! And Kuroko-kun too! We have a club meeting, remember?"

Kagami looked at Kuroko who looked away.

"I forgot."

Kagami pushed Kuroko out into the hallway, tagging behind Riko. "Kagami-kun, help me hold these boxes."

"Why would I- oof! Coach!" Kagami groaned as he felt the pressure on his shoulders. "Are you an ogre?"

"Nope! Besides, do you want to make a beautiful maiden like me to carry these boxes?"

"Maiden? I don't see anyone around-"

"Whatcha say?!"

"Urrgh-" Riko punched Kagami in the guts, causing his whole figure to freeze in pain.

"I'll carry them." Kuroko took over the boxes and placed them on his lap. "DVDs?"

"They're DVDs of this year's and last year's games from the club room. They are for scouting and the club room is so small that I had to ask to get hold of an empty classroom down the block. Since we will be playing two games in a row against two 'Kings' in the semifinals, there is no such thing as overanalyzing. That's why I need your help Kuroko-kun!"

"Oh, okay."

The meeting was quick since classes ended late with some time before the sun set. The team went through all the DVDs, noting down movements that seemed to be repeating as if they were steps needed to perform an action.

After that, Kagami strolled back into the club's locker room, seemingly forgetting to take something. He opened it and pulled out a towel before closing it. Then he noticed he was not alone.

"K-Kuroko?!!" He jumped back as the latter waved at him. "Yo, Kagami-kun."

"H-how did you get in?"

"What do you mean? I came in before you."

"B-But I would notice the door-"

"The doors have a sensor. And it slides, Kagami-kun, not swing open."

"I-I knew that." If I don't pay attention, I don't even notice him! Is this witchcraft or something? "Dang!" He plopped down on the bench. "That shitty-ho! What's up with their movements? Their rhythm is different too."