all for me | 10

-

         Poppy felt her heart jumping into her throat the closer she neared his mesmerizing voice. It was so clear, so sweet, so beautiful. It was hard to be upset at him when the man you've loved for the longest was now in front of you.

He turned around, almost sensing her presence. Creek completely ditched the conversation he was in and focused on her.
" 'Ello, love." he grinned, studying her face closely.

She nodded. "Can we talk privately?" she demanded more, less of a question.
He simply stood and let her lead the way. She brought him up the stairs to a secluded balcony that overlooked the entire party. She looked him in the eye, before she could get a word out,

"I've missed you so much." Creek spoke softly. His hand cupped her cheek and the other at her waist. His eyes darkened as he brought her into a hungry kiss, pushing her into the wall. Her hand reached the back of his head, she pulled his lips away with a hard tug at his curly hair. He grumbled sadly for a moment, later gazing into her eyes with an upset expression. She looked away nervously as her cheeks flushed a bright red.

Their lips parted but faces stayed close, he breathed heavily, his head leaning on hers. His soft hands traced her jaw, down to her collarbone.
"You still have it." he mumbled, taking the obsidian in his hands, touching the cool stone. She didn't respond, her eyes fixed on him.
"I've missed that." Creek grinned slyly, placing a hand over his beating chest and leaning against the wall next to her, Poppy shifted away.

"What are you doing here, Creek." she faced the crowd, staring at the crystal chandeliers above the party, the expensive decor.

He was always so calm, he didn't even flinch.
"I'm my father's plus one." he said swiftly. "I also knew you'd be here."

Her heart pounded in an unsettling manner. "What?" her head shot to the side.

Creek chuckled. "It's simple, really. My father said the royalty of every kingdom would be here. King Peppy, Princess Poppy." he came closer. "Our fathers are very close." his hand grazed her face again.

Poppy slapped his touch away painfully. "But why. Are. You. Here." she demanded, becoming apprehensive. "I thought you died." her nose began to sting.

His expression softened. "I'm sorry, love. But you banished me. I couldn't return." he shrugged.

"You could've told me you were alive!"

"Do you know how many months of my life I spent thinking of nothing but you?! There was no possible way I could be with you ever again because of how fucking selfish I was! Don't you dare think I ever abandoned you when you're the only thing in my life that's kept me sane!"
his voice elevated into an aggressive growl.

She'd never seen him yell before.
Poppy stepped back in fear, shaking. He was strong. He could hurt her if he wanted to. Creek noticed the fear in her eyes, his breath hitched, realizing what happened.

"I- please, love. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." he stepped closer and suddenly returned to his calm state.

All the months of mourning, hatred, sadness she went through were all for nothing. This all came back to her like a truck.

"You did abandon me! You left me to die the night of Trollstice! All for what?! Because I didn't take your stupid ring? Are you serious?! I never wanted that stupid ring!" her voice became broken and muffled by tears and masked in anger.

"Poppy, please!" he lunged forward and gripped both of her wrists aggressively. "It's not like that! It never was!" she squirmed and cried under his grip.