what you wanted | 3

- 8:30PM

          "I- We'll continue this after the show, kay? Break a leg!"
Floyd called out apologetically before he scurried out to the crowd who responded with roaring cries at his presence.

Branch, still feeling incomplete, decided there was no point in moping around. He mustered up all the courage and spirit left in his body and took a deep breath.
This is gonna be fine.

"And the baby!"

The announcer finished and Branch emerged from backstage confidently, taking center stage and the crowd roared. The music began and the knot in his stomach seemed to disappear. He took an unsure glance towards Floyd, who took notice and gave his younger brother an assuring nod.

They began to sing flawlessly, Branch leading the group and suddenly felt a surge of newfound confidence.

-

The show was nearing its end, the very last song in the setlist was Brozone's Back.

"Hey, hey hey! Stop the music real quick!" Branch shouted and the music screeched, the crowd murmured questions.
"Before we continue to the last song there's something I wanna say," He couldn't stop smiling. "I wanna dedicate this show, to the girl who's kept me going, the girl who's been with me since the very beginning,"

He kneeled down to reach the pit and there stood Poppy, red faced, beaming with joy. He held his hand out and pulled her up onto the stage.
"The love of my life, Queen Poppy." he smiled, kissing her hand before lifting it up into the air. "And if I'm going to be honest, I don't think I would've ever made it this far without her." The crowd roared insanely, his brothers shared confused yet supportive glances amongst each other.
"Alright hit it!"

Bruce and JD started off the song and Branch danced around the stage, hand in hand with the giddy Queen twirling through his arms,
her sparkly teal slip dress sparkled under the stage lights. Her vibrant hair flew in every which way the more she got into the music. Her steps were lazily placed but it worked for her. She was groovy.

Branch began to sing, his eyes only focused on her. It seemed like the rest of the world stopped and it was just the two of them singing on stage. Having watched the performance numerous times, Poppy shuffled and kick-ball-changed with them seamlessly, almost as if she was waiting for this moment for her whole life.

At the end of the song, Branch stopped and pulled her by the waist, bringing her into a firm passionate kiss. Cannons of confetti exploded and lights flashed pink and blue in all directions. She brought a hand into his soft curled hair, as her leg kicked up like in a movie.

The two lovers finally broke the kiss and the crowd screamed even harder if it was possible. The whole group joined hands and bowed.

"Thank you all so much! we love you pop city!" called out John-Dory.

"We love you!" shouted Floyd, putting heart hands up into the air and blowing kisses into the crowd.

They gave their final waves and ran backstage while the arena lights flicked on.
Poppy immediately let out an ear splitting shriek. She springs onto her boyfriend, nearly knocking him over in the process. She wrapped her arms and legs around him, being filled with so many emotions she nearly exploded.

"That was so cute i'm gonna cry I love you so much Branchhh!" Poppy screamed and cried into the nape of his neck. He held her back tightly, allowing her to make it back down to Earth.

"I'm glad you liked it." He smiled, brushing the hair out of her face and kissing her forehead lovingly. "I wanted to do something more for you." his smile began to fade.

Branch began to realize how it sounded when she discussed it with Barb. Poppy felt unsatisfied in their relationship. Lonely. Bored. Yearning for things he wasn't able to give her. One way tickets to Paris? diamond engagement rings? Mini Poppies and Branches running around? Why was there such urgency? Why so much in such little time?

She didn't take notice. "I loved it!" she squeezed him tightly, grabbing his face and pulling him into another passionate kiss.
Now, feeling this newfound sadness, he pulled away first, creating distance which was not very Branch-like.

"Hey uh, you uh, should go find Barb, I have to do something." he said softly, trying to conceal his emotions.

Her expression fell. "-Oh, yeah. I'll be back, kay?" she grinned gingerly, pecking his cheek before heading out to the arena.

A huge weight lifted off his shoulders as he let out a big sigh of relief.
"That was a pretty bold move there, Bitty B." JD glanced up as he unclipped the bracelets off his broad wrists. "So you gonna propose or-?"

"Yeah, you low-key messed up my groove there, B, what was that about?" Clay joined in, passing bottles of chilled water to all the members.

Branch blushed, shaking his head. "Well," he trailed off and sat down at his vanity. He stared at the polaroids, photos, writing, and kiss marks all over his mirror. "Last night I overheard Poppy and Barb talking... about me." He went quiet.

Floyd sighed and patted his brother on the back.
"Were they talking shit?" JD asked loudly, furrowing his brows.

Branch shrugged. "She basically said she's bored of me and wants more in our relationship and this is really the only way I knew how to give her more." he sighed, resting his face on his hand.

"Sounds like you need a new girl, brotha," chimed in Bruce. He pulled his hair into a ponytail nonchalantly, not realizing the whole group was giving him hard looks.

"Wh- how could you say that?!" Branch whined, his ears drooping slightly.

Bruce raised his arms defensively. "Hey, man." he made a face. "I've been married for years, I think I'm more qualified than anyone to be telling you that." he took a sip out of his water.

Branch suddenly felt sick to his stomach. "I don't wanna..." he pouted like a baby, staring at the floor.

"Okay, then talk to her about it." bruce suggested, a bit icked by how childish his brother sounded.

"You could ask Barb or Viva about it, they know Poppy better than we do." Floyd yawned, shrugging.

"I guess so.." Branch admitted. "Where's Viva?"

-