love her to pieces | 5

-

           After losing his family for the longest, Viva was a breath of fresh air. Even if his brothers came back, things still don't feel normal. Maybe it's because he never had a sister, or any siblings before. The last memories of his brothers were when he was just a baby, and they had to treat him well. Viva treats him well because he's her brother.
He feels real trust with her, that's something that now, he wouldn't feel with Clay or Bruce.
Viva didn't abandon him the way they did.

"Thank you, V..." Branch murmured so softly she didn't hear. It felt weird. Having a sister. Obviously they're not blood, but they may as well be.
Branch has never been fond of any of Poppy's friends, but maybe it's because he's never gotten to open up to them.

She rested her chin on his head. His hair smelled of bleach and hair mousse, but it was okay.
"I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you." she pat his back.

"If not you then who else?" he chuckled.
The two shared quiet laughs, it seemed to ease the situation until Queen Poppy rolled up like she owned the place.
In the moment, it only felt right to feel enraged by her voice. Did she always yell when she went into a room?
God, does she ever knock?

Why is her voice so loud?

Why does she care?

Why is she lying to me?

These questions raced in his mind and all that came out were tears. His throat pumped like he was going to vomit.
The brain splitting sting happened right between his eyes, choking down his puke, he stood up, pushing past Poppy like she were a crazy fan and sped off through a backdoor.

He could hear her voice echoing through his head and the studio. She was calling him, begging him to come back. She wants to talk.
It took every nerve in his body to not turn around and take her in his arms, forgiving her on the spot and getting down on his knees for her.

I adore her more than words
I love her more than myself
I'd die without her
I would die for her
I could die right now.

These words circled his brain, but nothing circled more than his stomach as his lunch spilled out in front of him. He slammed his body against the emergency exit, letting himself out into the parking lot before his entire system convulsed. onto his Dr. Martens. His fingers scratched the paint off the wall as he hung with half his body out the door. The veins in his arms began to bulge, trying to hold his whole body weight before he collapses.

Images of her face flashed in his mind. Her pretty eyes, freckled face, plump lips.

His arms gave way and he slid to the floor, the world spinning before his eyes, not knowing his left from right, why he's still crying, why he won't stop vomiting, why he can hear people calling his name who aren't there.
God, who's calling my name?

-