Chapter 4: Days By

Location: Leiran Dimension

Tuesday
April 14, 2235

Day 2
8:24 am

   I had just finished my second set of sit ups before throwing my button up shirt off to the side. Dani had lent me a couple clothes, some which could barely fit me, either being too big or too small. So I was stuck with some ripped pants, combat boots, and a torn blue t-shirt.

   I had started my workout last night right before bed. I wanted to at least try to get into shape, considering if I'm gonna be going back and forth between my world and an apocalyptic one, I could at least be fit to do so, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

   My arms, and stomach were sore by the time I finished as sweat dripped down my forehead and arms. I fell back onto the floor, taking deep breaths, which came out more as wheezes, as I laid my forearm over my eyes.

Wonderful job Miss Mallen.

   "Why do I get the sick sense that you're mocking me." I grunted out as I attempted to stand up. Though my legs were not only feeling like jelly, but wobbling like it, I managed to get to the bathroom, where I took a shower and changed into the spare clothes Dani gave me.

I would never, it goes against my systems protocol.

   "You just made that up." I deadpanned.

I did.

   I laughed as I walked into the living room. I grabbed the can of food Dani gave me yesterday and tried my best not to gag at the smell. "What even is this stuff. Beef? Peaches?"

I believe that is chicken.

   I place the can back into the table and left it there. "This is ridiculous. Do all the survivors here eat this crap?" I asked, trying to keep my eyes off the deadly can of mesh.

It would seem this world has a hierarchy, kind of like a wolf.

The higher classes; known as Gems. They are known for their wealth and firepower. They are usually in charge of large groups and camps.

And the Lower Classes; known as Runts. Most are born on the streets and survive on what they can. If they are left without a camp, they are then known as strays. They have no little to no firepower, and stay to themselves.

   "So the gems get a life of luxury, and instead of sharing it with those who aren't as fortunate, they use it as a way to hold power over others." I stated.

Familiar with the idea.

   "Very." I grit out as my mind flashed to my manager, or who used to be my manager as I no longer work there.

   "So is Dani, and her sister, what people here consider strays?" I asked.

I'm afraid so.

   "Then I guess that makes me a stray as well. Not that I have much of a choice, at least me being a stray gives me freedom to do whatever the hell I want, when I want, and how I want."