Chapter 3: Lets Get Started

Location: Leiran Dimension

Monday
April 13 2235

Day 1
4:48 am

   I stepped into the closed space and watch as the doors slide closed. "I can't believe this.." I grumbled. I pressed the button and feel the box ascend.

   I hear the familiar ding and watch the doors slide open. I step out and make my way back to my room. I get inside and close the door behind me, locking it back and head over to the couch. The now dim room was filled with light. The once dirty dusty room was now spotless as walls look freshly painted and now longer harbored webs in the corners.

   "Are all these lights necessary?" I asked. It was kinda too bright for my liking. The light on the ceiling then flicked off as a lamp in the corner flickers on in its stead. "That's better, thanks droid."

   I stretched out my back before letting out a yawn. I hadn't realized how exhausted I was until I sat down. I headed inside the master bedroom, gawking at the sight. Like the living room and kitchen, it was no longer dusty. The walls were painted to perfection without a single cobweb in sight. The lamps in the bedside were fixed and shining brightly. The curtains perfectly cleaned and intact and the window door was without a single crack.

   The sheets on the bed were freshly washed and smelled like heaven. The pillows were fluffy and smooth, looking just as clean. I then made my way to the bathroom hoping for the same result.

   I got even better. The mirror was spotless without a speck of dirt. The walls were repaired as well, not a crack in sight. The once rubble covered floor was clear and white while the tub and toilet were clear of any mud or dirt.

   I walked back out when I remembered the closet. I hadn't gotten to open it yet, I got distracted by that gorgeous bar of gold. Before I went to the safe I walked back into the living room and grabbed the gold from the coffee table, bringing it back to the bedroom. I then opened the closet and sat on the ground in front of it. I dug through my pocket and brought it back out, revealing a yellow sticky note.

   I stamped it against the safe and leaned forward, scrolling the knob onto each of the numbers. After a few more scrolls, I hear the safe click. I twist at the handle and pull it, opening the small door. It soon revealed a shelf, on top were 5 gold bars stacked on top of each other. Beside it were two black boxes, sitting inside them were necklaces.

   Each necklace had a big blue gem in the middle. On the bottom shelf there were a few stacks of cash. "I'm in heaven." I cooed as I caressed the gold and cash. I could've sworn I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I brought them out one by one. In total there were five pieces of jewelry, two necklaces and three rings, five bars of gold, and cash.

   There was one stack of hundreds and the rest were fifties and twenties. Though the total added up 38,000 dollars. And I haven't even added the jewelry and gold yet.

Not so fast.

   "What?"

Gold is the systems currency.

   "So... I can't sell it?"

You can, though I would take a look at the shop before selling.

Her Wishजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें