chapter 2: first meeting

As Miles swung through the streets of New York, he noticed a young man on the ground, huddled against a wall and shaking. Thinking quickly, he grabbed the man with one hand and swung him out of danger just as a car whizzed past.

"Thank you, Spider-Man!" the man blurted out, still shaking from the near miss.
Miles looked at him curiously. The man didn't look like any criminal he had taken down before. He was dressed neatly in a suit and tie, with a briefcase in his hand. He looked to be in his early twenties, his face smooth and unshaven. "No problem, citizen," Miles replied, still swinging through the air. "What are you doing out here so late?"

"I-I'm a broker, sir," the man stuttered. "I was on my way to a deal when these goons jumped me and took my briefcase." Miles chuckled, his web-shooters already loaded and ready for action. "These goons made a mistake coming after you," he said, swinging back towards the man. "But you can rest easy now. I'll get your briefcase back for you."
To his surprise, the man burst into tears. "I'm in big trouble now," he sobbed. "This was my last shot to prove myself to my boss. If I don't bring that briefcase back, I'm dead."
Miles felt a twinge of sympathy for the man. He knew what it was like to be in a situation where someone's life was on the line.
"Don't worry," he said, putting a hand on the man's shoulder. "I'll get your briefcase back for you. You just focus on calming down."

As Miles jumped back into the air, he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. He spotted a figure scaling up the side of a nearby building. It was a young man, with a black mask covering his face and a suit that resembled the one the broker was wearing.
Miles kept an eye on the man, unsure of what he was up to. As he watched, Miles watched as the man crept around various dark alleyways, keeping a low profile and moving with an air of confidence. He seemed to be heading towards a particular destination, and Miles was determined to find out what it was.

As the stranger rounded a corner, Miles quickly swung down to get a better look at him. But the man turned around, and Miles was shocked to find himself face to face with Hobie Brown, also known as Prowler.
"Wh-what are you doing here, Prowler?" Miles asked, trying to keep his voice steady.
Hobie raised an eyebrow, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Just doing a little... stealing, shall we say?" Miles narrowed his eyes, not sure if he should trust the convicted thief. "I thought you were out of the game."

Hobie shrugged, the sly grin still on his face. "Sometimes an old dog like me gets the itch for a little excitement. And with all the chaos that's been going on lately, it's a perfect time for a little stealing." He paused, his eyes studying Miles up and down, and Miles couldn't help but feel a bit uncomfortable under the scrutiny. "So," Hobie said, his voice lowering to a seductive whisper. "What are you doing in these parts, Spiderman?" Miles felt a flutter in his chest at the sound of the man's voice. It was deep and smooth, like dark chocolate. But he tried to maintain his composure, reminding himself that Hobie was a criminal, and he couldn't let his guard down.
"I'm just doing my job," he said, trying to sound nonchalant. "Looking for any trouble I can stop."

"I'll be taking back what you stole," Miles said, his fists clenching. He wasn't about to let this thief get away with his crimes. But when Miles tried to grab the man, he slipped away, leaving Miles clutching at thin air. "Nice try, Spider-Man," the man taunted, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Miles growled in frustration, his heart pounding in his chest. He had never met a thief like this before, one who could outsmart him so easily.
As they played their game of cat and mouse, Hobie continued to flirt with Miles, his sly grin never fading. He was clearly enjoying the challenge of playing with the young superhero.