Chapter 7: Zoey

Chapter 7: Zoey

It's been two days since Alexander proposed.

Well, fake proposed.

It has been two days since I turned him down.

Really turned him down.

"You should have accepted Z. Do you really think another rich guy will ever propose to you?" I gave Veronica a side-eye at her words. "I mean looks fade, you know." She scrunched up her nose, shrinking just in time as the pillow hit her back.

"Shut up, Ron." I stuffed my face with more food, settling down and staring at Jensen Ackles's gorgeous face once more. Ronnie's pasta and he are a lethal combination. She and I were currently sitting in my room on my bed, watching Supernatural season one again on my laptop with junk food laid out like a feast between us two. Typical Friday night for us.

"I know you are thinking about it!" She exclaimed as she turned to face me. "I get that Jensen is hot, but you need to control yourself. This is the third time this month I am watching season one again with you. Aren't you bored?" She fell into the spare pillow with a huff.

"You are just saying that because you like Castiel." I murmured, my eyes on the screen in front of me as Dean Winchester killed another monster. I smiled as he delivered a smartass line to Sam. Gods, I loved them so much. Tell me a more perfect duo, I challenge you.

"Of course, he is so cute." She got up and handed me my glass of coke. "Do you want to go out tonight?" She asked randomly, making me pause my video and look up at the clock.

"At 7 pm? Isn't it so late?" I whined, just wanting to be left alone with my things. Part of me wanted to go out too, but it was about priorities. Jensen Ackles held a higher one.

"Oh, come on you old lady. Get up and get ready. We will go to the movies and watch Deadpool. I heard it's really good." She hesitated, looking down. "And I feel we don't spend enough time anymore. You are so busy with the bookstore these days."

I took a beat to think. 

Pros: I had seen the posters and the advertisements. People are praising Ryan Reynolds for this movie. I knew the comic character Deadpool, because a lot of the people who come in the bookstore are comic enthusiasts and they regularly keep asking me for new releases. I was an avid Marvel fan as well. Not to mention, I missed hanging out with Veronica. Maybe I should go.

Cons: Maybe I will get a ass-whooping from Ronnie if I refuse to go.

"Fine." I sighed and sluggishly pulled myself up to go change, ignoring the way Ronnie squealed and jumped up and down where she was standing.

"See you in ten minutes! Dress pretty!" She shouted before walking out of the door.

"For what?" I yelled back not expecting a response in return. She always says something like this whenever we need to go somewhere. Just yesterday she had told me to dress fabulously for a trip to the store. As I began to pick out a few outfits, I looked at the weather outside through my small window and decided the clothes in my arms would do.

I changed swiftly and made up my mind to put my hair up in a high bun, making a V-sign with my fingers in front of the mirror with the full confidence of a fashionista, in stark contrast to the total homeless look I had going on. But it will be dark in the movie hall, who is going to see me.

Looking back at the absolute mess on my bed, I thought it was a good time to clean up for a bit while Ronnie gets ready.

"What in the world are you wearing?" I heard someone shout just as I dusted the bedsheet off all the crumbs. I turned to see Veronica looking amazing in her crop top, leggings, and coat. "Are we not going?" She questioned, as she leaned against the doorframe, hands folded while giving me a death stare.

"We are, and these are the clothes I can feel comfortable in!" I defended myself and my style. I knew my body fitting grey hoodie looked weird with the faded blue sweatpants, but surely the combination was not as bad as her having to facepalm herself which was exactly what she was doing.

"I knew something like this would happen." She grumbled before leaving and then bringing back a pair of black jeans which she threw at me. "Wear this and wash it before you give it back!" She warned as my eyes widened. Veronica was so particular that she never shared her clothes with anyone so I guessed my outfit must be pretty terrible.

"Okay, let us go!" I threw my fist in the air as I finally came out of the room. My roommate gave me a once over and nodded when she took in my attire. "You know, you should stop treating me like a kid, I am older than you." I mumbled as I locked our door.

"Then stop acting like one and try to improve your fashion sense." She winked as she linked arms with me as we went down the stairs.

"I will have you to dress me for eternity, Ron." I joked as we reached outside and tried to hail a cab. One finally stopped in front of us after a couple of minutes.

"That is true, I will forever be your fairy godmother. I will never leave you." She smiled and blew me a kiss as we shuffled in the cab, pulling out her phone to check for messages. I grinned back, thanking the gods for such a wonderful friend.

Oh, how stupid I was.

Because not even twenty minutes later, she betrayed me.

"Are you kidding me." It wasn't a question. It was more like a dead-pan statement. I was so tired of this girl's shenanigans, I swear.

"We will all have fun! Come on, Z!" Ronnie begged as she dragged me to where her date stood. Albus Dimitri. He was the one who had bid on a date with her during the event. There was nothing romantic going on between them as he was gay who did these 'dates' out of peer pressure from friends.

I felt for the guy, I really did. I had met him a couple of times over the years as Ronnie and he were good friends who met up for coffee occasionally. They had bonded over mutual love for fashion. Albus was doing an internship in a global brand but wanted to start his own line someday.

"You guys will spend the entire movie talking about clothes." I groaned as I rubbed my palm on my face. This is so ridiculous. She was the one who said we don't spend time anymore!

"The guy is wearing a red-suit in the entire movie, Zoey, come on." Albus grinned, his teeth reflecting the posters on the side, "At most, we will talk about his clothes and if they match the comic accuracy for fifteen minutes and then we will talk about Ryan Reynolds' blessed behind for the rest of the movie." I watched as Ronnie high-fived him, shaking my head at both of them.

"Spare me the torture, guys."

"Let's get the tickets first." Ronnie suggested as she hooked arms around us both and dragged us to the ticket counter. Apparently, luck must have been on my side as we couldn't get three seats in a row. One of the tickets was a bit higher up than the two.

"This one is mine!" I almost shrieked as I grabbed the ticket, waving it in the air.

"Hey now. Not at all. Both of you ladies sit together, I will be happy with that seat." My ninja moves were too fast for Albus. By the time he had even extended his hand to take the ticket away, I had already stuffed it in my pocket.

"Then how will you complete your date?" I teased as they both laughed.

"Then let me buy some snacks for you." Albus offered as we went inside the building.

"Oh my god Albus, if you ever want me to be your fake wife, let me know." I winked, relaxing in his presence. Sure, I would have loved to spend some time alone with Ronnie, but just look how cool Albus was. Food is bae, food is life.

"Are you kidding me?" I heard a familiar person say, in a deadpan way quite similar to mine. "The only thing I had to do was buy you food?"

I noticed the way my skin reacted to his words.

Fire, fire everywhere, yet not a flame.

I bit my lip before turning around to face the owner of the voice, not believing that this was actually happening. "Hey there...Alexander."

----
This time the book is taking a better turn, I am happy. Tell me what you guys think.

-A