The Kraken's Origin

"Talking"

"Thinking"

"SHOUTING/YELLING"

(Y/N's POV)

Night had fallen on Oceanside as I walked home. On the way, I replayed the events of the day in my head. Honestly, It was hard to wrap my head around. First I almost drowned trying to save Connor after Ruby's failed prom-posal, but got saved by a new girl that just arrived from who knows where. Then, Ruby turned into a giant creature only to learn later on that she and her family are actually krakens hiding as humans. And now, she's out there in the ocean with her uncle to go meet her grandmother. I can only imagine what she'll learn when she does. Hopefully, she'll be safe when she comes back... if she decides to come back. The idea of her deciding to stay in the ocean bothered me. Thinking that I might never see her again made my heart ache and I'm not sure why. If she wants to stay, that's her decision. So why does it hurt? I tried to ignore it, but that's easier said than done.

Before I knew it, I was at my house. When I entered my house, I saw my mom and dad in the living room. But to my surprise, they weren't the only ones there. With them was the new girl, Chelsea. It seemed like they were having a conversation before I arrived. As soon as they noticed my arrival, my mom quickly came over and caught me in a tight hug.

M/N: Y/n! Are you okay?! Your friend here told us that you nearly drowned!

F/N: Your mother and I were worried sick about you. What happened?

Y/N: It was... a freak accident. I'm sorry for worrying you guys.

My mom soon let me go, letting me breathe easier. I then turned my attention toward Chelsea.

Y/N: So, Chelsea, what are you doing here?

Chelsea: Well, being new to Oceanside, I wanted to explore and get familiar with my surroundings. Then I came across your parents and they were so kind enough to invite me to your house. And might I add, you got interesting decorations here. These sea life creatures look so fascinating.

M/N: Thank you. Some of these were gifts from our other Marine biologist friends. And we are so grateful for you saving our son, Honestly, I don't know what we would've done if something were to happen to him.

She then gave me another quick hug.

Chelsea: Don't sweat it. I'd be a monster if I let this cutie drown.

M/N: He is a cutie isn't he? He did take after his father.

F/N: No, I think he's more like you than me.

M/N: Oh, you. *giggles*

I groaned as your parents started to get all lovey-dovey with each other and decided to get away from them.

Y/N: I'll be in my room.

I left up the stairs before anyone could say anything, then entered my room. Once I was alone, I lay on my bed and returned to my thoughts. Now that I think about it, Chelsea said that me and Connor were barely above the water. But you remembered Connor sinking deeper into the ocean while I was tangled in the kelp trying to save him, only to somehow wake up at the docks. Something doesn't add up. But I couldn't ponder about it longer because someone knocked on my door. The door then opened slightly and Chelsea stuck her head in.

Chelsea: Hey, do you mind if we talk for a bit?

Y/N: Sure, I guess.

The new girl then entered your room, giving it a quick look around before sitting on the edge of your bed.

Chelsea: I have to say, your parents are quite the couple.

Y/N: You should see them when they're in their Biologist mode. They'll be talking about marine life for hours on end.