Going to prom

"Talking"

"Thinking"

"SHOUTING/YELLING"

(Ruby's POV)

We all left the house and went our separate ways to start our day. But on my way to school, I was almost run over by a ship-shaped tour bus. Fortunately, it stopped before it could it me. The bus was being driven by Captain Gordan Lighthouse with his pet crab, Davey. He's OceanSide's resident sailor and tour guide and claimed to have encountered a kraken back in the day.

 He's OceanSide's resident sailor and tour guide and claimed to have encountered a kraken back in the day

Gordon Lighthouse and Davey

The tourists were complaining about the abrupt stop as he and his crab glared at me suspiciously before grabbing his microphone.

Gordon: *to the mic* Apologies for the unplanned interruption, folks. Well, look what the tide dragged in, Davey.

Ruby: *nervously* Ahoy, Mr.-- Captain Gordon Lighthouse, sir.

Gordon: Aren't you one of them Gillmans?

Ruby: Guilty. *nervous chuckle* Just kidding. Not guilty. Totally normal.

As I try to de-escalate the situation I'm in. The tourists were looking at me suspiciously as well, which made me even more nervous.

Male tourist: Is she blue?

Ruby: I'm from Canada... eh.

I showed them my Canadian flag pin that was attached to my backpack. Thankfully, it was enough to convince them.

Male tourist: Oh... That totally makes sense.

However, Gordon wasn't fully convinced.

Gordon: I've got my eye on you, Gillman girl. And my other eye, too!

Davey gestured that he'd be doing the same as Gordon grabbed his mic and continued the tour.

Gordon: Our tour begins where 15 years ago, I swear I saw the monstrous giant kraken. And to your right, Oceanside's best saltwater taffy. Ask for the Gordon Lighthouse discount.

That was a close one. It's not as easy to hide as a human as one may think. Especially when you don't have normal skin, or normal hair, or ears, or a nose, or anything that resembles a human. It's a wonder why people haven't caught on.

Y/N: Ruby!

I then saw Y/N walking toward me and I couldn't help but smile as we hugged as soon as he got close.

Y/N: *separates from hug* So any luck with your mom letting you go to prom?

Ruby: *groans* No. I even made a whole presentation video using every resource I could use and it still wasn't enough to convince her.

Y/N: Well, can't say I'm surprised. But if it makes you feel better, I wasn't planning on going to prom anyway.

Ruby: Really, why?