Nine

Liam walked through the hallways of Forks High School with heavy books that his teacher told him to drop off at their library. Liam had no idea why she chose him as he couldn't even carry his own books, but at least he could get out of class.

Liam struggled to carry the five books given to him. The books were heavy history books that his English teacher had left in his class from the previous teacher, so he decided to get rid of them.

Liam wished Emmett was here to carry the books for him, but of course, it was a sunny day outside, so Liam was at school by himself. 

Normally, Liam would have skipped with them, but with the semester coming to an end and midterms coming up, he couldn't afford to skip a day.

Finally, Liam reached the library. It had two large wooden doors that were thankfully propped open, so Liam didn't have to try to pull them open.

Liam carried the books over to the librarian's table and plopped them down with a sigh. The librarian glanced at him before going back to her book.

Typical librarian.

Liam left the library and started his journey back to class. It was boring and a little bit lonely without the Cullens there, but this wasn't the first time Liam was left at school by himself so he continued on with his day, knowing he would see them after school.

Lunch was boring, along with the rest of his classes. Finally, the bell rang for the end of his final class. Liam had luckily not run into Bella at all.

Walking out of the school, Liam had to walk his way to the Cullen's house since they normally gave him a ride. The sun shined in Liam's face as he started his trek down the road, humming a song that was stuck in his head.

Several cars drove past him, not once stopping to ask if he needed a ride, but at least Liam gets to enjoy the sun before it disappears again. The walk home was calming.

Liam glanced at the trees surrounding him and listened to the birds chirping. It was the one time Liam didn't have anyone yelling at him or trying to talk to him. Just peace and quiet.

Although the quiet was soon interrupted by a loud engine coming down the street. Liam sighed in annoyance and glanced back at the car that disrupted his peace.

Liam could see a motorcycle speeding down the road. The person was wearing a helmet but had long, brown hair flowing in the wind behind him. Liam immediately knew who it was.

The motorcycle stopped next to Liam before Jacob finally revealed himself.

"Hey, Li. Do you need a ride?" Jacob ran his hand through his long hair and tucked his helmet under his arm.

"Well, I'm heading over to the Cullen's house, and I know you don't like them, so I think I'll be fine walking," Liam said.

Jacob sighed. "It's not that I don't like them. It's just -"

Liam gave Jacob a pointed look.

"Okay, fine. I don't like them," Jacob admitted, sheepishly. "But I can't let you walk all the way to their house,"

"It's a nice day outside, I'll be fine," Liam stated and started to walk down the road again.

"Liam, just get on the bike," Jacob called.

"What? No. It's fine, Jacob. Seriously,"

The sound of another engine came from down the road. Both Liam and Jacob turned towards the noise and noticed a silver Volvo. Jacob sighed in annoyance.

"Oh, great. The leech is here," Liam glared at Jacob, who just continued to frown at the oncoming car.

The Volvo stopped next to Jacob and Liam before Edward stepped out of the driver's side. The sun hit his face and made his skin sparkle like diamonds. Liam smiled at it. He always thought they looked even more beautiful than they already did, in the sunlight.

"Do we have a problem?" Edward asked as he walked towards the two.

"Well, we didn't before," Jacob muttered under his breath, but of course, Edward heard it. Just to get under his skin, Edward walked over to Liam before picking him up and spinning him in a tight hug, finally placing his lips on Liam's.

Jacob looked away in anger and sadness. Edward pulled away for Liam but kept his arm around his waist.

"Do you need a ride, baby?" Edward asked Liam. Liam smiled at Edward and nodded.

"Can we get ice cream?" Liam asked, a huge smile on his face.

"Of course, my little angel," Edward smiled at Liam. "Go put your stuff in the car, and we can get going,"

Liam smiled again before walking over to Jacob and giving him a slight hug. "Bye, Jacob,"

Jacob smiled and waved at Liam. Although, he was a bit annoyed that he wouldn't let him give him a ride, but as soon as his boyfriend shows up, he wants a ride. Jacob could have gotten himself ice cream, too. Maybe share a cone with him since he can actually eat as well.

While Liam was getting situated in the car, Edward glared at Jacob and his thoughts.

"Stop thinking about Liam like that. He's never going to be yours," Edward said.

Jacob glared right back at Edward and scoffed. "He would have been if you leeches didn't show up,"

Edward gave one final glare to Jacob before walking towards the driver's side of the car.

"Stay the hell away from my mate, you mutt,"

And with that, Edward opened the door to the car, got in, and sped away. Leaving Jacob there with his motorcycle and an empty heart.

---------

I'm not even going to blame my lack of updates on anything but the fact that I just don't have the motivation to write. I try to update for everyone who reads my book (and I appreciate you), but I don't want to force myself to update my book because then I know the chapter won't be that great. I want you all to enjoy reading my book and I want to enjoy writing it. My motivation doesn't come every day, and I can't promise I'll update every week, but I'll try for you guys.

Thanks for reading. Lots of love <3
Isimpforbokuto