Eight

Bella was suspicious. Liam knew it. Edward knew it. Everyone knew that she was. Liam wasn't hurt and now there's a huge dent in Tyler's van where Liam should have been crushed. 

Throughout the day, Bella watched Edward more than she normally would. Her eyes were squinting, trying to pick out any mistake or screw up Edward did, hoping to find something, anything, that would help her figure out what the hell was going on. 

Liam, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck. As soon as he walked in through the front doors, all eyes were on him. He honestly would have turned around and walked home if it weren't for Emmett  who grabbed him before he could reach the front doors. 

"Liam! I am so, so, sorry! I honestly tried to get control but I just couldn't and I ne-," Tyler ran up to Liam and Emmett, frantically waving his hands in the air. 

"Dude, just stop. We get it. You've been bothering us for the past 10 minutes now," Emmett said and pushed Tyler to the side so he could get Liam to class. 

Tyler stood back as he watched Liam and Emmett walk off down the hall. Bella walked up to Tyler and smacked him across the back of his head. 

"Nice going, dimwit! You were supposed to hit him! I didn't pay you to scare him, I paid you to kill him!" Bella whispers-shouts and smacks Tyler again. 

"Bella, I really don't want to kill Liam. He hasn't done anything wrong. Can we please forget about this deal?" Tyler pleads. 

Bella scoffs before going to walk away. "You mention this to anyone and I'll kill you, got it?"

--------------------------

At lunch time, Liam sat outside, under the trees with Emmett, Edward, and Jasper. They were the only ones outside as it was freezing and nobody wanted to sit in the cold. Liam stole Edward's coat, Jasper's scarf, and Emmett's gloves to keep warm. Sometimes he wishes he was a vampire just so he wouldn't freeze outside. (Or anytime - he gets cold very easily).

"Do you guys want to stay home for Prom this year?" Liam asks as he chews on a cracker from his lunch. 

"I'm fine with whatever, darlin'. If you want to go, you should go," Jasper says and pulls Liam into his chest. 

Emmett smirks at Liam, "You could always dance with me at prom," 

Edward shoves Emmett jokingly and turns to Liam. "How about we celebrate Prom at our house that way we can all have a dance with you, Carlisle included,"

Liam smiles at the idea and nods his head. "I would like that,"

The bell rings and Liam heads off to History with Jasper. 

"Bye guys!" Liam waves. Edward kisses Liam's forehead and Emmett gives him a hug before they both head off to class. 

-----------------------------

Bella had been busy looking for supernatural books in the library when the bell rang to signal lunch was over. The library was empty apart from a few school nerds who were studying for a test coming up in their classes. She looked through multiple books but couldn't find anything about strong and fast moving creatures. 

Werewolves, dragons, fairies, ghosts; she couldn't find anything helpful. Bella let out a sigh of frustration. If she couldn't find any books here, she would have to go to the bookstore in Port Angeles which was at least an hour away. 

Bella walked out of the library with a frown on her face.

-----------------------------

Liam knocked on the door of the Blacks. He stood there for a few minutes before the door opened and Billy peaked his head out. 

"Oh! Liam! It's nice to see you! Jacob is out back with Embry and Quil," Billy said with a smile on his face. 

"Oh, thank you," Liam turned around and started heading around the house to the back. He crossed over the little bridge that was built over the stream and saw the three boys rough-housing. 

Liam watched from the bridge as Jacob pushed Embry off of Quil before tackling him himself. Embry was the first to notice Liam and jogged over to the bridge. The other boys had yet to notice and were still rolling around in the grass. 

"Hey, Liam!" Embry said and pulled Liam in for a hug. Over the past few weeks, Liam hung out with Jacob and his friends more often. Embry and Quil both grew a liking to him and now he was considered one of them.

"Hey, Embry. How have you been?" Liam asked once Embry released him from his grip. 

"Ah, you know, the usual. What about you? Heard you got into a car accident. Are you feeling okay?" Embry glanced over Liam's figure as if trying to notice anything wrong with Liam's body.

"Uh, yea, I'm fine. A bit traumatized but it's whatever," Liam glanced back at Jacob and Quil who were now laying flat on their backs, trying to catch their breath. Jacob must've finally noticed Embry was gone as he turned his head to look around. 

Embry waved his hand and finally Jacob realized Liam standing near him. Jacob quickly stood up and ran over to Liam, picking him up and swinging him around. 

"Liam!" Jacob placed him down on the ground but didn't pull his arms away. Liam wrapped his arms around Jacob with a smile on his face. 

By this time Quil had finally joined the group and stole Liam from Jacob's arms, giving him a hug as well. 

"Dude, are you okay?" Quil asked. "You didn't take any damage, did you?"

Liam shook his head with a laugh. "No, I didn't get hurt,"

"Wait, why would you get hurt? Those Cullens didn't do anything to you did they?" Jacob asked, looking between the three faces with confusion written on his face before finally looking at just Liam. 

"You didn't hear? Everyone was talking about how some guy from Liam's school lost control on the ice and almost smashed him and Bella between her truck and his van. Bella moved in time but Liam almost died if it wasn't for the Cullens," Embry explained. 

Jacob's fist clenched on his side. Liam noticed and grabbed his hand. 

"Hey, don't worry about it. It's not like she did it on purpose and nothing happened to me. It's okay, Jacob" Liam soothed.

"So how did Bella get out of the way in time if it wasn't on purpose?" Jacob seethed.

"She noticed it before I did and I just froze. She wouldn't do that on purpose, would she?" Liam questioned. 

-----------------------------

Man, has it been awhile since I've updated. I'm so so sorry for the long wait. I know I left a comment like two weeks ago saying I would update but I just haven't had any motivation. I'm sorry if this chapter sucks, I'm trying to update for you guys but I just haven't had a lot of motivation lately. Also, you wouldn't believe how many red lines I have on the doc thing because of the words Liam, Embry, and Quil. 

- Isimpforbokuto