Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N - I'm backkkk🫶🏾🫶🏾

The last scene is probs my favourite yet 😭

~~~

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Aniyah
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══

Life had been...hectic recently.

For someone who hadn't left the house in almost a week now, life was nothing short of chaotic. The photos were still coming in, and the fact that there were some of me back when I first started living with Marco made me feel sick- how long had somebody been watching me?

After convincing my husband to let me keep my phone for now, yet update him every time a new message came through, we'd had an agreement for the past week. But something was telling me it was only a matter of time before my phone was taken all together, I was surprised he'd let me hold onto it for this long.

Marco was more stressed than ever, and even though I was practically telling him daily to take it at his pace and that I was safe here, he seemed hellbent on causing destruction- and I was almost certain the people he was taking his frustration out on had nothing to do with this situation.

Oh well, I wasn't gonna be the one to try and talk him down from what appeared to be his only coping mechanism; like I'd told Zeke a few days ago, I thought Marco was perfect the way he was.

"You know I've had lesser security than that at the airport", Jas told me the second I'd closed the door behind her and Lex, the pair of them removing their shoes and turning to me, "it's gotten that bad?".

"It's creepy as fuck, sure, but I think Marco's just prioritising our safety with...that", the amount of guards and security armed with who knows how many weapons standing outside the house was probably a little excessive, but nobody dared to tell Marco that, and I trusted him completely.

"Have the photos stopped?", Lex asked me, a sympathetic expression on his face as he pulled me into a hug, "who could it even be Niyah?".

"I'm asking the same question", I muttered, hugging Jas next, "and no, they haven't stopped".

"Well we're sure Marco has your safety as his top priority", she squeezed my arm, "if anyone can keep you safe, it's him".

At least they had faith in him too.

"Anyway, we came here to cheer you up", Lex grinned, "we haven't baked anything in a while". I loved these guys.

"Yeah, because you eat half the shit before it goes in the oven", Jas slapped his head and he scowled at her, "but it would be fun, right?".

"Come on then", I nodded towards the kitchen and they followed closely behind, it would be nice to take my mind off everything that was going on anyway.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

"You're meant to lick the bowl at the end", Lex, as fucking always, was trying to eat the cupcake batter before it had made it into the tray; he was ruining the process and it was nothing short of entertaining to see Jas getting more and more pissed off by him.

I was just happy to have the two of them here.

"Niyah, have you- oh", I turned around to see Zeke hovering in the doorway, dressed in all black with a beanie to match, "sorry, I didn't know you had company...hey Lex".

"Zeke", my best friend grinned, his finger about to be dipped into the bowl, "surprised I haven't seen you back at the store with Niyah yet".

"Yeah..there's a lot going on right now", he smiled weakly, Lex just nodded understandingly and licked his finger.