7

KAT

I just ran and ran. After leaving that room, It was just a bunch of hallways. I kept running until I reached a staircase and ran down. I held the crystal in my hand. It was a sharp crystal that I cut the ropes with. I ran maybe through a couple more halls when I heard some people talking. It was a few different voices so it wasn't Sam. An immediate hope filled me up. I ran towards the sounds of the voices. They sounded very familiar. Then I ran into them. 

Colby.

I wrapped my arms around him. I need comfort. The first person I've seen in days that I wanted to see. I feel tears quickly flow out of my eyes in relief and joy. Maybe I wasn't going to die.

"Oh my god Kat." He said, "W- where did you come from? Are you okay?" he pulled me out of the hug to look at me.

I look and see Reggie and Brennon. Then look back at Colby. "Jake's alive."

"What?" All of them said at once. "Sam has him, but we have to leave," I said in a desperate voice. "Sam is here, he will kill all of us." The last statement intimidated them. They sat silent for a second.

Colby looked at Reggie, "We leave this place, and call the police. Then we will get Jake back. It looked like Reggie was about to cry at any second now, but he just nodded. "K let's get out of here." He said. I nodded. He began to run I assume the way he came from and I followed. We stopped when we heard a man's voice in front of us. We were in the middle area. It was a huge room in the shape of a circle. It looked like a cafeteria. I saw old rusted tables while running. This seemed like a school. Either that or a prison. We began to slowly walk back when Colby stopped.

"Colby, come on!" Brennan said with urgency.

"That's not Sam," Colby said.

"What?" the three of us said.

"It's-" he shined up his flashlight where the voices were. And there stood a worried Corey and Devyn. "Corey?" Colby asked in a loud voice. Colby ran to them and they ran to us.

"What are you guys doing here?" Corey asked.

"What are you doing here?" Colby asked, "T- that doesn't matter. We need to leave now."

"What why?" Said Corey.

"Sam is-" He was cut off by a large bang. 

3rd person

It was all around us. Like it was from all directions. All of the flashlights we held flickered out in a few seconds. We pressed them again but they didn't turn on. It was too late. He found them. They end up forming a type of circle, facing outwards. Kat standing next to Colby in fear. Brennan, Colby, and Reggie were all holding up weapons they brought. Devyn is right next to Corey. Everything was silent. A few lights flicker down one of the halls. They all see a human-like figure standing there, but the shadow looks much more than a human. The lights are out completely. The only sound you can hear is their breath and a little whimper of fear from Kat.

"God help us," Colby whispered.

. . .

Then a piercing scream filled their ears.

Corey's screams are the first heard. He fell back when pressure pushed him. Sam jumps on top of him, attacking him. Brennon and Reggie hear it and struggle through the pitch-black to find Corey. They both try to help Corey and defend Sam.

Devyn runs and finds Katrina in fear. They both back away from the fighting and the screams. But the screams and grunts of Corey, Brennon, and Reggie go silent. They both sit there quietly for a second, Kay grabbing onto Devyn in comfort. Until Devyn is ripped away from her. A small scream was heard from her but quickly silenced. Then Kat feels a horrible burn on her neck and immediately passes out.