Chapter 11

Sorry I took so long guys but I've been kinda focused on my exams, they started today and studying has just been my main priority.

This chapter is dedicated to BrockenBeyondRepair because she has supported me from the beginning and commented on almost every upload. Thank you, BrockenBeyondRepair I really appreciate all of your support.

Chapter 11

*

"Shanice you ready?" My mom called. "Almost" I called back. We were getting ready to meet Rachel for lunch and for some reason I was really nervous. I couldn't put my mascara on properly because my hands weren't steady. I was that nervous.

"Come on Shanice, we're going to be late, she'll be waiting for us."My mom demanded definitely not afraid to make the annoyance in her voice clearly obvious. ~Why'd I want her to come back again?~

"Ugh..I'm coming" I moaned. I loved her but this woman sure did know how to hit a nerve. I tried doing my make up again but like all the other tries I failed terribly. I was tired of all attempts and in the end decided to go with a natural look without all the makeup. I was going to go with a messy bun but changed my mind and decided to let my hair fall naturally. I finished with putting small hooped earrings in, a gold chain over my white top and slipped my feet in my blue converse that went perfectly with my blue bleach spot style skinny jeans.

"Shanice I am not going to call you again" She continued to rush me "ALRIGHT WOMAN" She could be so annoying at times.

"Excuse me young lady but I don't appreciate you talking to me in that tone, you are still living under my roof I have you know" ~Here we go again~

"How can I forget when you remind me at every chance you get?" I mumbled whilst walking down the stairs "what was that?" "Nothing"~I'll trade moms any day~ "I thought so" I was so not in the mood to argue with this woman.

"Later Jay!" I shouted. "He's not here" Mom answered. "Where is he?" Jerome gone out this early? It wasn't something he'd usually do.

"He said something about going to see a Lauren" She sounded unsure.

"Loraine?"

"Yeah, he went to see Loraine" ~wow this has girl really put a spell on him.~

"Oh" was all I said. That weird feeling at the pit of my stomach came back to haunt me.

"Aren't you going to eat something before we go? I've noticed you've lost a bit of weight since I've been gone" She asked

"Mom we're going out to lunch that's kind of the whole point of us going out" I stated

"Alright calm down" I hadn't even noticed that I answered so agressively and I didn't quite understand my sudden change of mood. "Sorry mom"

*

"Mom this is Rachel, Rachel this is my mom Vanessa" I introduced them.

"Hello Vanessa" Rachel greeted. My mom just stared at rachel in shock, her mouth wide open giving the flies a home, clearly amazed at how much we resembled.

"Uh Hello, It's nice to meet you" Finally coming to realisation that Rachel had greeted her. As amusing as that was it was also quite embarassing. Rachel just chuckled

"It's a big shock isn't it" Mom was at a lost for words so she just nodded her head yes.

"Rachel I thought you said your daughter was coming" I said realising it was just the three us.

"Yeah she is, her and her brother will be joining us shortly, their just sorting something out with their father" she told me.

"Her brother?" I thought she only had a daughter.