chapter 4

Present time: y/n's pov:

Three days have passed since I met kakucho, I think that's enough time to wait.

Time to meet him for a second time.

"(According to our men he doesn't have a fixed schedule but for the past two-three days he returned to his house between 7pm and 9pm)" Kei said through the phone.
I glanced at my watch it was 5 pm right now.

"Well I need to get ready then".
"(Y/n)"
"Yea?".
"(You better not wear something as revealing as that other dress)".
"You know, I wasn't planning to but now that you mentioned it ...."
"(Y/n I swear to God if you-)"
"Anyway, gotta go for now I need to look good, bye big bro~"
"(Hey! Don't hang up on m-)" but I already did.

Laughing I made my way to my bedroom to pick up and outfit, trying on a few outfits I settled on on that isn't revealing but looks elegant, then I did my hair and makeup.

Looking in the mirror I was satisfied, I look effortlessly beautiful, it looked like I didn't do much even tho I spent an hour and half getting ready.

I grabbed my bag and the other two bags I was supposed to give kakucho on containing his clothes and the other is a little gift and then left my house.

I parked my car at a small distance from his apartment building and waited till I get a glimpse of him or his car.

My plan was to "coincidentally" bump into him as I was returning his clothes and lead from there.

"I hope that his schedule didn't change today" I mumbled to myself.

It was risky the whole plan was risky from the very start.

Flashback:

"Are you sure he will even come to my rescue? Why would a criminal rescue a drugged girl anyway?" I said.

"There are a few people I know who dealt with bonten before according to them kakucho is the safest option, he killed a guy before for raping a girl in his club" Kei said but that still didn't make me feel at ease.

What if he see through this plan?

Kei felt my uneasiness and held my hand "look, you don't have to do it if you are scared, I can hire someone"
"No! No I'll do it"
He nodded "If you feel at any danger press that button on your bracelet and for the time you will be unconscious I'll make sure my men is keeping an eye on you"

I sighed "I hope we are lucky enough"
"I'll keep you safe, even if the plan fails, now take this" he gave me a small bottle.
"Is that the drug?"
"Yes, you will look unconscious but you will be able to hear and feel everything"

I took the bottle and went to my room to get ready.

End of flashback:

It's been an hour now and he didn't show up yet, my patience was getting thin.

"Come on go home already, you can do your illegal work later" I said to no one in particular.

And as if someone heard my request I saw him getting out of a car.

"Yes!" I quickly got out of my car and with steady steps I walked towards his building.

"Y/n?"
I looked up and saw him standing behind me "oh, I didn't expect to meet you, hey!" I gave him my best smile.
"Me neither, what are you doing here? Did you forget something"
"Actually no, I was returning your clothes" I held up one of the two bags.
"You really didn't have-"
"Why are you standing here? Oh! You are that drunk girl?" A man with a scar on his eye said making me blush of embarrassment.

"Y-yea, kinda? I guess? I wasn't drunk tho, I was-"
"Yea I get it, I'm just joking, you know I helped a bit in your rescue" he smiled "so what brings you here?"
"Um, I wanted to return his clothes" I said, for some reason this guy was making me feel shy, kinda small too.

"Stop making her uncomfortable, Takeomi" kakucho said hitting the man's arm.
"I'm not! And how dare you raise your hand on your elder" the man said is fake annoyance "anyway, we were going to have a chill evening with some food and alcohol, wanna join?" He said to me.

"Oh, I don't wanna intrude" I said looking at kakucho.
"You don't, and you already came the whole way to my house, the least I can do is let you in" he said getting inside his building "let's go" me and Takeomi following him.

Once we entered kakucho's penthouse I placed the two bags in a nearby table.

"What's in the second bag?" Kakucho asked.
"It's a vase.... Instead of the one I broke the other day" I said shyly.

He took it out of the bag and looked at it, it was made of tinted black glass, it fitted his grey and black interior "I like it, thank you y/n"
"No problem"

"I don't know about you two but I'm hungry, so can we hurry up?" Takeomi said, taking out food from takeout bags that I didn't notice he was holding, we went and helped him by getting plates and drinks.

"So Takeomi, do you also work in construction as well?" I asked while we were eating.
I saw Takeomi getting confused for a second, glancing to kakucho but I ignored it "oh, no I work in marketing actually"
"Oh that's interesting, but how did you guys meet, you are from different work fields".
"He was a friend of my sister's when they were in highschool, and when my sister Left the country to go to college we stayed friends".

"Oh that's interesting, you must be good friends then"
"Yea we are, what about you y/n? What do you do for a living?"
"I'm a lawyer, I work in at a law firm downtown" I said before taking a bite of my food.
"Impressive, look at us! Three successful young adults having take out" he said.
"I could argue about the 'young' part" kakucho said.
"Shut up, forties are the new twenties you know" he said in annoyance.

"Yea keep telling yourself that old man" kakucho said chuckling.
Takeomi rolled his eyes and said "whatever, you think I look young y/n, right?"
I looked at him, Takeomi honestly didn't look old at all I actually thought he was the same age as kakucho "I agree, you don't look old at all Takeomi"
"Ha! Heard that? She thinks I'm young" he gave kakucho the middle finger and we all started laughing.

The evening went by quickly with us eating, drinking and talking about everything and nothing with some playful banter between the two men occasionally.

It made me somewhat forget that those two in front of me a ruthless criminals.

Ruthless criminals that should die.

A/n: happy new year everyone ❤️ I hope next year will be filled with happiness and success to all of you❤️

Oh if you guys want me to include pictures of y/n or Kei or any other oc I will introduce to this story let me know and I'll happily do it ❤️

I hope you enjoy this chapter and love you all❤️