chapter 3

An: this is my favorite fanart of kaku ❤️

Throwback:
It is the middle of summer, the weather is nice so I decided to go to my favorite cafe for some alone time.

After ordering I sat down next to a window with my coffee to watch the people going out and about in their lives, a habit of mine once I have some free time.

After a while my phone started ringing, bringing me back to reality, I sighed and picked up the call.

"This better be something important or-"
"(Y/n you need to come home right now, they ... They)" Kei was devastated, I never heard my brother's voice like this.
I started collecting my things and replied "w-what happened to our parents? Are they sick? Did my dad get another heart attack?" All the terrible scenarios were playing in my mind but nothing was as terrible as what came out of my brother's mouth.

"(They got shot.... Both of them)".

........................................................

"The neighbors said they saw three masked men entering the house, then gunshots were heard after 10 minutes, do your parents have any enemies, Mr Tatsuya?" The police officer asked my brother.

"No sir, they were nice to everyone, we never had any enemies even rival companies weren't hostile to our family"

I still can't believe it, even after seeing their dead bodies it's hard to believe, my parents were the nicest people anyone can meet, who is cruel enough to murder them so brutally.

Nishiyama Tatsuya, 60 year old male, cause of death: five gunshots one through the brain, two in the chest, one on his left thigh and one on his left ankle.

Emi Tatsuya, 50 year old female, cause of death: two gunshots one through the brain and one in the chest.

That's what was written in their report, I couldn't see their bodies, couldn't bring myself to see how brutally they were killed.

I just bid them goodbye before leaving to that cafe.

"Miss Tatsuya .... Miss Tatsuya can you hear me?" I heard the police officer say.
"Huh? Sorry what was that again?"
"I asked you if you felt anything different in your parents behavior lately?"
"Oh, well actually my dad was a bit stressed lately because our company had some financial issues this quarter, but that's normal for the situation I guess"

The officer reviewed the documents in front of him then said "I have no farther questions for both of you, we apologize for interrogating you like this after your loss, but this case is mysterious for us, nothing was stolen and there was no signs of a fight as well"

"No sir, you are doing your job, if there are no more questions we will be leaving now" Kei said.
The officer nodded and my brother took my hand and we left.

The ride was silent to our house, and I dreaded the moment we will arrive at my now empty house.
My brother parked the car and we got out.
"I'll stay with you tonight" he said.
"What about Rika? Is she okay with that?" I asked.
"Of course she is okay with that, I won't leave my little sister alone in this situation"

I gave him a faint smile that he probably didn't even notice and made my way inside the house.

After taking a shower I sat on my bed and for the first time today I cried.

I cried so hard that I felt my breath getting shallow, I cried so hard that I didn't realize I was being hugged, I cried so hard that I didn't hear the calming whispering in my ears.

After some time my sobs are gradually getting quieter and my breath stated to become a bit normal, and that is when I realized I was held by my brother.

"They are gone ... Why are they gone?" I asked.
"I wish I know y/n" he said defeated.

I stayed silent after this just trying to calm myself down.

"You hungry? I came in to ask you what do you want for dinner" Kei said after a few moments.
"No, not hungry" I mumbled.
He sighed "you should eat something, I doubt you ate anything the entire day"
"I'll sleep" I didn't let him say say anything, I laid down and covered myself with my blankets.

Luckily he didn't argue and left the room.

The next few days were a blur, the only thing I remember from them is the funeral, it was the only time I had to interact with people, either than that I spent my days in my room, Kei would sometimes come to check on me or bring me food.

Until one day I heard Kei calling my name from downstairs.

Interigued I made my way to the living room to see my brother reading through a few documents.

"What is it?" I said with a voice lacking emotions.
He gave me the documents "did you know something about that?"
I took the documents and started scanning them, the more I read the more shocked I was.

They were documents of a deal but it wasn't a normal deal, it was a drug supply deal.

"What's that? And where did you get this from?"
"Dad's study, I was going through it to see if there was anything that can be a lead".
"Why does my dad have those documents? Those are illegal-"
"Look at the signature y/n" he interrupted me.

I looked down and it was another shock, it was my dad's signature and on the other side there was another signature.

Hitto Kakucho.

A/n: that's a sad chapter I Know but don't worry next chapter will be cute❤️

Let me know your thoughts in the comments and hope you liked this chapter.

Love you all❤️