chapter 2

Kakucho's pov:

"Where do you live? I'll drive you to your house" I said.
"N-no no, you don't have to, just tell me where is the nearest bus station"
"The nearest bus station is a 20 minutes walk from here, that won't do" I grabbed my keys and we both left my house.
"Are you sure? Don't you have to go to work?" She asked.
"I don't have fixed working hours I can go to work whenever I want" I simply said.
"Wow, you are lucky!"
I gave her a small smile in reply, we reached my building's parking and I ushered y/n to my car, unlocking it and opening passenger seat to her but to my surprise she just stood there in shook.

"Something wrong? Did you forget something upstairs?" I asked.
"Dude.... Just what do you do for living?"
Her question caught me off guard a bit but I shook my head scratching the back of my neck "well, I own a small construction company" a little white lie won't hurt anyone.
"Liar!" She said making me freeze "owning a car like this and your apartment too .... That's way far from 'little'"
Relieved a bit after she said that I let out a sigh and a chuckle "whatever you say, now you getting in or not" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"Fine fine, I'll get into your super luxurious car" she said getting in pretending like it was a torture for her.
I closed her door and got into the driver's seat "look at you being funny and all, it's hard to believe you wanted to attack me with a broken vase less than and hour ago" I said as I started the car making her groan.
"Come on, forget about it already I was scared"
"Yea yea, so where to little miss y/n"
She gave me her address which was about half an hour drive from my place.

The ride was silent but I felt the urge to start a conversation which was weird since I'm not the one who normally starts conversations especially with a total stranger like the girl next to me, to be honest the whole situation with her is new for me, the rescue, taking her to my house, the playful banter, all that was new to me.

Maybe I wanted to get to know her.

"So, I told you what I do for living isn't it fair of you do the same? I started.
"Oh I'm a lawyer, I work in a law firm downtown"
"Oh, I didn't expect that" I said.
"What is that supposed to mean and why do I feel offended?" She asked a bit playful making me chuckle.
"Nothing, you are just too ... Trusting for a lawyer"
"How so?"
"You know... getting drugged by a stranger, asking another stranger for help and ending up in his apartment and now showing that same stranger where you live... Kinda risky"

I was met by silence.

Silence that I didn't expect, I expected another snarky comment.

It was making me nervous.

"Hey.... Sorry if I made you-"
"You mean you might hurt me, should I scream? Should I jump out of the car"
"Wait, no don't do that!" I said my head was snapping to look at her.
"Teehee~ relax, I won't do it... Yea you might be right I do trust people easily but I also have luck on my side, whenever I get into a bad situation, something happens and I just get out of the situation" she gave me a smile "just like what happened with you"

I stared at her in a shock, I honestly didn't think she would say something like that, I shook my head, my eyes are back on the road "strange girl" was all I could say.

We arrived in front of her house and she got out of the car "thank you again for saving me and for bringing me home" she smiled "I'll return the favor one day"

"No problem, just try to be more careful, you can't just depend on luck"
"I'll try my best".
I nodded and started driving away seeing her waving at me from the mirror.

"Strange girl indeed"

Y/n's pov:
"I'm back" I said to no one as I lived alone in my apartment.
Discarding kakucho's clothes that he gave me I walked to my bathroom to take a shower Washing off the traces of last night on my skin.

After the shower I sat on my couch grabbing a cigarette and lighting it, my phone ringing at the same time.

I took a puff of my cigarette and answered the call.

"Hello"
"(How is my damsel in distress)" said a man.
I sighed "I told you not to call me dumbass, what if I was still with him"
"(Oh come on sis, this is how you talk to your older sweet brother?)"
I rolled my eyes taking another drag from my cigarette "Sweet my ass"
Ignoring my comment he asked "(so, what's the situation so far?)"
"Well, first stage of the plan is done and I know where he lives now"
"(As expected from my baby sister, did you take his number?)"
"No, but no worries, I will sure meet him again" I said glancing at kakucho's clothes that are now folded next to me.

He sighed "(you better, it took so much work to set up this trap y/n, if you fail-)"
I cut him off "when did I ever fail to finish a job, Kei" annoyed at the way he talks.
Kei sighed "(you never did, but you and I both know this mission is different, this is bonten we are talking about)"

He was right and I hated that he was right.

"I know who they are, I can do this"
"(Don't make any moves without informing me, when will you meet him again?)"
"I'll wait for three days, then I'll visit him"
"(Fine, I'll send a subordinate to keep an eye on you in case something happens)"
I hummed "fine, it's not like you will not do it of I refuse"
"(I'll wait for your call, take care)" he said before hanging up.

I put down my phone and pushed the cigarette in the ashtray next to me, a frown on my face.

"soon, their debt will be paid soon".

A/n: I hope you didn't expect a cute and lovey dovey story 😂

I hope you liked this chapter, have a great day/night and love you all❤️❤️