Chapter 8. Temptations

Meerab gaze transfixed on Murtasim, as he stood at the entrance of the common room.

"I'll be back" she absent mindedly announced to her friends who hovered around her wanted to get to know more about the new events of her life.

Shifting from her desk, she strode past the room before briefly looking at Murtasim, as their elbows grazed while she crossed him and turned towards the gallery.

The sound of her heels reverberated through the gallery that was empty as every one stayed inside their own designated offices. As she walked away, she knew he followed behind. She knew that he wanted to talk or whatever that he wanted, nothing could change her mind.

But Murtasim had taken long steps and he reached her in no time. Pulling her by the wrist and pushing her into the surveillance room which had its door left ajar. Quickly stepping in as he pulled her in locked the door behind him.

"What are you doing?" Her eyes full of fury, he had no right pushing her into a room like that.

Both of his hands on her elbows as she pushed her further. Their feet in coordination as they stepped back, eyes locked into mother but this time yearning was replaced with pent up anger and frustration.

"Why? Why are you doing this? Why are you going ahead with it?" He was unable to fathom, how could Meerab, who had always been a head strong fighting Maa Begum and frequent taunts at her wanting to pursue her law degree and then continue with her internship. No girl who was remotely related to the Khan family had had the audacity to step out into the world to work. "Hamare ghar ki ladkiyan daftar main kaam nahi karti" is what Maa Begum made a point in mentioning. But Meerab would never budge. She would do as she pleased.

So how cold that Meerab, get ambushed into getting engaged? How she not voice out her concerns. How could she be okay with not being consulted?

Murtasim kept stepping forward until the air between them had dissipated and the top of their nose were touching each other. Meerab briefly looked at his lips that once graced her neck and devoured on it leave a dark mark. She winced at the memory what had followed post that.

But her eyes slowly travelled from his lips to his moustache, to the bridge of his nose and his sharp nose that really complimented his face over all and then to his dark brown eyes that were glaring at her. Those eyes, and his gaze were enough to bring her out of the trance.

She shrugged vehemently trying to free herself from her grasp but he held her strong and stepped even further. His nose now grazing her cheeks and their chests in close contact, both heaving together. Her eyes closed at the sensation, she gave in as his hands slowly travelled from her shoulder to end, clutching her palms, intertwining their fingers.

He titled his head, his lips closer to her left ear. "Kyoun Meerab?"

"Faiyaz Achha hai, mere bachpan ka dost hai, I've known him all my life"

"But that doesn't guarantee companionship and what about asking before he got rishta for you?"

"About that... uhhh" her thoughts interrupted as his right hands had left the hold of her palm. Now holding her by the waist, giving it slight squeeze, making Meerab buckle her knees, unable to stand at onslaught of sensations in her body.

His palm, keeping his grasp firm on her waist travelled upwards until it reached the underside of her breast, the pad of his thumb, running slow circles before his hand completely shifted on her breast as he kneaded it, making Meerab moan.

Murtasim concentrated on his ear lobe as he licked and nibbled on it, leaving kisses across her jaw, slowly, wanting slow down time, stop it rather. He hovered above his lips that were pouting and grazed them with his own as he spoke. "Meerab you cannot deny what we have, we have always had it, we have always craved it. You know it, I know it. Then why this?" And his pressed his lips onto hers. Sucking onto her lower lip. Unknowing grinding his lower body to hers. Bribing his other hand to lift her left leg by her thigh so that it circle around his hip. His hardness pressing onto her making her well aware of how he felt around.