Magic Bullet

ACT ONE-PART FOUR

Ashton groaned as the lights in his room were turned on, barely opening his eyes before a pair of pants and a hoodie was tossed at him.

"Get up, now." His Dad whispered, pulling the comforter away from his son.

Ashton yawned, standing up and reaching for his hoodie. "What's going on?" He asked, sliding on the jeans in a quick motion.

"We have to go pick up your Aunt Kate." Chris replied, opening his duffle bag and pulling out a small assortment of knives and a black .22, shoving them into a smaller bag, leaving out two of the knives he chose.

Ashton tensed at the mention of his aunt, resisting to roll his eyes at the thought of her being in the same house as him again. "What happened?" He asked, grabbing the two knives and the velco holder his father had left out, placing them on his forearm under his hoodie.

"One of the betas attacked her." Chris replied, loading his .45, like always, before sliding it under his belt.

Ashton paused, wondering. Was it Derek? Was it Scott? There would be no explanation for Scott, it wasn't a full moon. Derek was more understandable of a choice. "Why was she even here?"

Chris sighed, passing the smaller bag to Ashton as he zipped up his duffle bag, standing up and placing the strap on his shoulder. "I called her, for help to track them. And the Alpha."

Ashton sighed, grabbing the small bag from his father and following him down the stairs. "I thought we weren't going after the Alpha yet."

"Just being prep-"

"Dad? Ash?" A voice called, both turning to see a half-asleep Allison rubbing her eyes. "What's going on?"

Chris chuckled, waving her off. "Your Aunt Kate just texted, we're heading out to pick her up."

"It's two in the morning, is everything okay?" Allison asked, now looking more worried and confused then tired.

"Yeah, yeah, she's just having a little car trouble." Chris responded, shifting on his feet, moving to hold the duffle bag with one of his hands instead of his shoulder.

"Not serious is it?" Allison asked, wrapping her hands around herself to keep warm.

"No, just a flat tire." Chris informed, giving his daughter a small smile. "Go back to bed, sweetheart."

Allison nodded, walking off to her bedroom quickly with a yawn.

"We need to go, now." Chris whispered to his son, already turning to leave.

Ashton mentally prepared himself as the car rounded the corner, the headlights shining on Kate.

He got out, same as his father, both meeting her in front of their car.

Ashton looked around, hoping to catch a glimpse of Scott or Derek, preferably Derek. Neither was ready to clue Scott in on their mutual agreement.

"Get in." Chris said as soon as Kate was close enough.

"Not even a hello? Nice to see you?" She responded, not yet bringing attention to Ashton's presence.