Chapter 8-Gossip

"You spaced out while staring at him!?" Carrot asks. "I'll admit y/n-san that's embarrassing. Garchu~"

You blush and look at the blazing fire in front of you. Nami laughs.

"I would curl up into a ball and die." She says.

"That's what I wanted to do!" You say, sighing. "It felt so weird..."

Robin joins in on the conversation. "Maybe you should try flirting with him and see his reaction." She says.

"I WOULD NOT EVEN DARE TO DREAM ABOUT IT!" You exclaim.

Robin chuckles. "Maybe he has a thing for you..."

"He does..." You mutter.

"What was that y/n?" Carrot asks.

"...nothing." You mumble. "Just remembering something he told me awhile ago."

"Oooooooooo!" Nami says. "What did he say what did he say?" She asks, leaning forward.

"Mmmmmm not much. Just something he said when we were kids haha..." you say, remembering when Law had confessed his love to you before disappearing in your life for 14 years.

That time he was gone left some sort of... emptiness in you, as if the 14 years you two were apart had left some sort of void. You sigh and somebody hugs you from behind.

"AAAAAA Y/N!" Nami squeals. "THAT'S SO CUTE!"

Law chuckles. "Hi y/n-ya." He says, kissing you on the cheek. You blush but you don't pull away. "Can I have cuddles later?" He whispers.

You nod. "Later." You respond.

He chuckles and sets you back down and sits next to you. "So what were you guys talking about?" He asks.

"Oh it's nothing." You say.

Law lies down and rests his head in your lap, like how he used to when you were kids. He did that a lot. Like, a lot. You run your fingers through his hair, earning a sigh from him.

-

A little later, you were sitting down with Law in the same position, running your fingers through his fluffy raven black hair. You scratch a little at one spot, earning a soft moan from him.

"Hey y/n-ya?" He asks, sitting up and cuddling you.

"Hm?" You ask, your voice muffled by his chest.

"I love you." He murmurs before falling asleep.

You sigh contently and continue running your fingers through his fluffy hair.

-

The next morning, you wake up next to Law.

"Cmon honey wake up." You mutter. "You're going to miss breakfast."

He groans and wakes up, resting his head in your lap. "Good morning my Dove~" he says.

"Where did this new nickname come from?" You ask him.

"Cora-San called you dove right?" He asks, putting on that blank yet cute expression.

"Yes.." you say. "He did..."

"So I wanna call you Dove now." He states. "Don't worry I'll still use your real name sometimes." You hum and he continues. "Well then come on we gotta go to breakfast."

"I wanna take a shower first." You say. He sits up and you both stand.

"I wanna come with." He says in a monotone voice.

"Huh!?" You say.

"You heard me." He says. "Come on."

-

You finish your rather lovely shower with your rather lovely boyfriend and you sit next to Nami for breakfast.

"Soooooo0" she says. "What happened?"

You blink at her. "We just cuddled, that's all."

Law sits down on the other side of you, and Nami takes in the sight of both of you, with two things in common. Both of you ravens still had wet hair from the shower.

"HMMM..." Nami says. "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM."

"Oh shut up." You say. "It's practically the same thing as a bathhouse..."

Law chuckles and picks up your empty plate and takes his as well.

"You guys did more than cuddle." She murmurs.

"How would you know, exactly?" You ask her.

"I left some little presents for you." Law says coming back with his tenth cup of coffee.

"Stop drinking that stuff it's bad for you if you have too much." You complain.

"I thought I was the doctor here?" Law says, raising a brow.

"Not anymore." You take the coffee cup from his hand. "It's mine now."

"You don't mind that I already drank it?" He asks.

"Nope." You say, finishing the rest of the coffee.

He chuckles. "I knew you loved me~"

You smile and peck him on the cheek. Luffy comes barreling in.

"HI Y/N!" He exclaims.

You smile upon the ball of happiness approaching you. "Hello Luffy!" You say.

"You coulda been my step sis if Ace was still alive yaknow?" Luffy asks.

"Huh?" Law asks, glancing at you with a confused expression.

"I'm confused." You say, matching Law's expression.

"He was gonna propose to you!" Luffy says, throwing his hands in the air. "It would have been nice to have a sister..." he says, deflating a little.

You blink, trying to process this new information. "Say what now?"