Chapter 10: Time To Go Home

About a day after the party at Charmant Castle, sadly, it was time for the guest of honour, Braedey Martin, to go back home to the USA. It was bittersweet to the brunette to leave, but he knew he couldn't stay here in Norway, and he has to go home. King Alexander did have the idea of allowing him to stay, but he knew that Queen Sigrid was definitely not going to let it happen.

Early in the morning, up in the guest room of Charmant Castle, Braedey was now packing his belongings into his suitcases for when he leaves. He sighed softly to himself as he does so, knowing his time here in Norway has come to a close. He did enjoy himself, but he knew he could not stay.

Braedey then heard the sound of the door to the room opening up, and he looks over to see one of the maids enter the room. Braedey took note of this particular maid - This maid is a year younger than Braedey, a cute woman who has a friendly smile, big brown eyes, along with long brown hair. She has a tall form but with a curvy body shape, with sizeable breasts to go with her thick thighs and bottom, but also has a very plump and pudgy body, while she's wearing a frilly hairband, a black and white maid dress, and black high socks.

"Oh, hello

"Oh, hello." The maid greeted softly with a gentle bow. "I have been told my Mr. Jenkins and Kate about you." She looks away sheepishly.

"Wait... You must be the maid Kate mentioned about the day before the party." Braedey realised. "The one who is a chef?" He added.

"Oh, yes. That's right." The maid nodded. "My name is Susan, in case you're wondering." She gave her name.

"Well, it's nice to know and to meet you, Susan." Braedey nodded, then he gets his clothes packed.

"It's rather bittersweet that you have to leave." Susan said to the brunette, assisting him with packing his suitcases. "You've really made things lively around the castle. And you definitely made Duchess Sylvia happy."

Braedey smiled at this, though it felt disheartening to do so. "Yeah, I know that. But I know that I can't stay here forever, especially with Sigrid breathing down my neck. Ever since I've been here, she's hated me for the way things have been, and how many of her stupid ideas and plans I've derailed for her."

"Oh, yes. The so-called arrangements with those royals and princes during the last few days." Susan nodded back with a giggle. "You really gave those so-called princes what for."

"Yeah. That was fun..." Braedey chuckled, then sealed the suitcases. "But all good things have to end eventually."

"Again, I'm sorry you have to leave, especially after all that you have done here." Susan spoke up.

"But I did enjoy my time here, and that's what matters to me." Braedey got the suitcases ready to go. "But before I go, I'd best make some last-minute goodbyes." With that, he began to leave the room.

Throughout the morning, Braedey had begun to say his goodbyes and thanking the staff around the castle for their hospitality and even helping him out whenever he needed it. He thanked those around him, along with Jenkins for helping him out.