Chapter 5: The Next Morning

The sunrise across Norway

The sunrise across Norway. The country slowly begins to awaken while at Charmant Castle, everyone began to wake up and get ready. The maids and servants all began to clean up and prepare the rooms for everyone. Jenkins was up bright and early to get everyone ready for the day's events. But also, he was ready to keep an eye out for the Duchess and the American guest.

Braedey awoke from the feeling of sun lighting on his face. He yawns out as he sits up and stretches his arms out. Once he felt things click into place, Braedey gets out of bed and he gets into his clothes for today. He adjusts his clothing and began to make his way out the door to the hall, just as he saw Jenkins talking to a few maids before they leave.

"Jenkins." Braedey greeted.

"Mr. Martin." Jenkins acknowledged. "I see you've slept well."

"The bed definitely makes it feel really good." Braedey admitted. "Super-soft and comfortable."

"Well, I am glad you like the bed. Now, if you'd excuse me, I've got to talk to the rest of the staff." Jenkins said to Braedey. With that, he turns on his heel and leaves down the hallway.

Braedey shrugged to himself as he walks down the halls of the castle, taking note of the many paintings and pieces of history that lines the walls. It was really a lot to learn of this and the history of those beforehand. As he walks along, he took notice of what looks like a swimming pool over to the side of the castle, which did indeed get his attention.

"Definitely didn't expect that

"Definitely didn't expect that." Braedey said to himself.

"Noticed the new swimming pool there, didn't you?" Braedey turns his head to see King Alexander walk up with a soft smile on his face.

"Yeah. I guess that's a new addition, isn't it?" Braedey took a wild guess.

"Of course." King Alexander replied back. "I thought to add in a little something here and there all around the castle, like mobile phone access and TV, and more."

"Bringing the castle into the 21st century." Braedey nodded in understanding. "Sort of retrofitting it, in a way."

"That's right." King Alexander looks out to the pool. "When the weather is practically perfect, we'd spend time together and take the time to relax down there. Even the maids and servants are allowed to enjoy the pool whenever they'd like to, since I allow that."